TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. Rick11

Rick11 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Yeah, but how was it posted? As an annonymous incident, or mug shot + name + incident? Its the doxing + flogging that is questionable.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    These threads tend stray from the original subject. It's very common on TTR. Learn to deal with that and you'll be a lot happier here.

magoo68, autopaint, spyder7723 and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Rick11

Rick11 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Using that logic, next time you have an incident and have to speak with your safety person, tell them, hey man this is truckin, what do you expect. Let us know what they say.

5. REO6205

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I can't do that. I'm the safety person where I work. Also,I'm one of the dispatchers, a pilot car driver, a relief driver on any piece of equipment we own including trucks, Cats, Graders, excavators, and various logging equipment.
    I also help out in the shop occasionally, run parts, solve employee disputes, solve problems with customers, deal with regulatory agencies, deal with vendors, and I attend various meetings with a wide variety of both pro trucking and anti trucking people.
    I spend a lot of time on the company radio. I spend even more time on the phone. I make and drink a lot of coffee.

When things are slow at work I come here.

See? Not everybody gets to spend all day coloring between the lines and criticizing those who don't.
    Threads drifting off topic are part of the charm here. Kinda like conversations in your friendly neighborhood pub. Enjoy the spontaneity, most of us do.
    As I said before, deal with TTR the way it is because I doubt if anyone will change just for you.
    Or, maybe you can find some other forum that's more rigidly structured and a better fit for you. Your choice entirely.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    In TMC's case I think it's different.so it's ok and that's not publically.
    If it was a mega then not OK but then, on a ''closed circuit'' that's not publically either. SO IDK.

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I have had a few "messages of shame" directed towards me with a company I worked with...

My commdata card was wearing out and the fuel pumps wouldn't read it so I had to go inside, and wait behind a line... You know how that is.

Every time I made it to the terminal, it was on the weekend, and nobody knew how to print a new card so I was stuck with the wore out card for another couple of weeks at best

One day I walked back to the truck after going inside and getting authed for fuel just in time to spot some guy taking a pic of my truck. I knew what he was thinking and why he was taking a photo, thinking I just parked at the fuel island to go do whatever. He just slinked quickly away when I approached him.

A couple of days later I recieved a nasty message about how I should be ashamed of parking in the fuel island...

Wait what? Nobody asked me what happend. The weasel taking the photo couldn't even face me before running away. And yet, I'm the one that should be ashamed?

Mmm, sounds like a good recipe for people going "postal" to me...

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    And the last time that happened at a mega Knight had a shooting at their Katy,Texas terminal,with tragic consequences.

skellr Thanks this.
  9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Yeah, I'm sure some people can just "go off" for something trivial. But, I'll bet they were poked with the pointy stick too many times for no good reason.

Gearjammin' Penguin and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. Rick11

Rick11 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Its common courtesy man. If someone starts a thread on pacaar vs cummins engine, I dont go on there talking about my favorite enchilata place. When you stay on topic you get more out of the thread. Its not hard.

WinchBarHero Thanks this.
  11. REO6205

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Like I said, this site probably won't change so you need to deal with that.
    Or leave, if you like. Either way is fine. If you stay you need to dial your criticism down a couple of notches.

magoo68, autopaint, 88 Alpha and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.