TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019
    'Bout 40 years ago or better an old buck from back in the hills took a shine to me when I was first striking out on my own. He was wise, and he was clever. And an attentive observer of human nature........ So I paid attention.

Among the many pearls of wisdom he imparted in me was this: "Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see."

For years I couldn't square this logic with what I knew I saw. But ....... I eventually learned to reserve judgement........... because I too started seeing the truth in this statement.

And @skellr just provided us with a perfect example of "not seeing what we thought we saw".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rick11

Rick11 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Its not criticizm, its making a point. Whats the purpose of a thread if anybody can come on that thread and post whatever. You might as well have no threads and replace with an open board were people can abruptly chime in on everything from cat engines to forclosure to the top hits of 1930. lol. Just common courtesy. If someone wants to post on x topic, let them make a thread and attract those of like mind and interest. Simple house keeping.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Off topic? Kinda like where you and I are arguing about being off topic?
    I have a cure for that. Best of luck in your next forum.

5. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Praise in public.
    Correct in private.
    -----------------
    If you pick a preload without scale ticket, ask in writing (using on-board system) to be routed to a scale. Ask to be paid for those out of route miles (or hourly) and cost of scaling.
    If they refuse, immediately contact your safety department. Being overweight or misloaded (say - too much weight on trailer tires) can be a safety hazard.

WinchBarHero and PE_T Thank this.
  6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Aww Mann.... I was going to suggest y’all make him the thread nazi and let him go around cleaning up threads. He sure wouldn’t have time to worry about what’s going on at TMC.

TokyoJoe and PE_T Thank this.
  7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Stevie Wonder could see that coming.

D.Tibbitt, magoo68, InTooDeep and 5 others Thank this.
  8. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Lol brother. What u been sayin is true. Nevermind those who dont drive.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    From where I sit it would depend on the degree of blatant stupidity involved in said screwup.

For example, if you’re enough of an idiot to try and shoehorn a 13’ truck under an 11’6” bridge, you deserve at least to land on the wall of shame, if not fired.

magoo68, InTooDeep, autopaint and 7 others Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Goodbye.

WinchBarHero and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Granted I’m paid hourly, but any of my coworkers can tell you how meticulous and particular I can get.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things, no matter what kind of trucking one does, and that’s all there is to it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.