TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

So the bigger the fleet, the less it matters? Why not just post it to the public like on Facebook?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

A lot has been said about how the drivers are messing up, but what about everyone else in the company? This shouldn’t be all about the drivers. Everyone is involved in this: drivers, trainers, classroom instructors, Safety, Compliance, Training, Management, the President, and so on. I hope they’re not just alienating drivers.

4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

It’s funny how every day the polls keep shifting toward: “Yes, it is ok.” This thread must have gotten to TMC, and they’re creating accounts to make their position look better. Just a theory.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Thats my point. Its not like TMC is taking out full page ads in the local newspaper, or sending 27 8x10 glossy pictutes with circles and arrows and a parragraph on the back to the driver's mother.

I have no idea about TMC, but I know it is pretty darn easy for office folks to get fired at Schneider. And you better believe everyone in a work group knows when someone screws the pooch.

A quick gander shows most of the yes votes are "medium load" members or higher, in other words not new accounts.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  6. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Just my opinion but this is most people under maybe 40. Thin skinned and haven’t a clue about life. So many people these days get their feelings hurt over nothing. Road rage. Work place killings. Lawsuits.

7. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015

PE_T Thanks this.
  8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You mentioned that with “over 2,000 trucks a name on a list doesn't equate with humiliation.” This pretty much implies that the larger the “audience,” the less humiliation.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this humiliation within the company is for their truck drivers. Certainly employees who aren’t truck drivers get fired, but truck drivers also get fired and probably at a higher percentage.

Does that really mean anything? You may find patterns among company drivers, contractors, and independent owner operators, but again it wouldn’t really mean much. At the end of the day, it boils down to how plausible the argument is.

9. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    If a driver gets called out in front of 2500 other drivers plus office staff, I think that qualifies as public.

PE_T Thanks this.
  10. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

“Argument from Age” never fails, right? Let me guess. You’re 41. :rolleyes:

Argument from Age

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It ain't about age. It's about mentality.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.