TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Ive noticed that office staff typically support the calling out of drivers while actual drivers are against it. Standing back looking at this, I think it really shows the disdain some office staff have towards drivers. But its interesting because without drivers there would be no trucking companies. Yet without trucking companies there would still be drivers, as they are the ones with the cdl, they'd be owner ops. So who really needs who the most?

Badmon and PE_T Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Everyone posting in this thread is a driver or owner operator.

And if you think being a successful owner operator is as easy as having a cdl I suggest you go buy a truck. Heck it's so easy you should buy 10.

Lonesome and JonJon78 Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Your claim is pretty much older generations are “better” or “smarter” than newer ones. What scientific studies are you referring to?

5. WinchBarHero

Apr 10, 2015
    No offense brother but that statement sounds baked.

PE_T Thanks this.
  6. WinchBarHero

Apr 10, 2015
    Thats not necessarily true. A lot of safety and recruiting people aka office staff, also get on here. And I think anyone can be a successful owner op as long as they have good business skills, operate their truck like a business and know what tax credits their entitled to. If they can purchase a truck cash down so that they dont have to worry about a monthly payment even better. Most guys fail because they dont have cash, credit, or business sense.

PE_T Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Not better or smarter. Simply grew thicker skin.

8. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    If one driver takes the message to heart and doesn’t wanna be broadcast to the fleet then it’s a win for the company.

The cost of the message to broadcast is far less than the average incident.

That’s business. That’s all it is

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We have had drivers exhibit such idiocy, referencing the famous 11'8" bridge. One was on US 20 in a village surrounded by barn sized signs proclaiming very low bridge in Western NY against big rigs. The detour for me that day was about a square 30+ miles driving to get back to US 20 on the west side.

However that friday back at the yard there was a cabover leaning all smashed up from a bridge strike. Lo and behold a driver was inside that thing crying. He had been summarily fired. Has 8 dollars in checking to feed 4 kids and so on and on and on. The truck was essentially destroyed. How he got it back there is a story of itself past all that law between there and yard in three states.

Since it was payroll day in the early evening all of the drivers pulling in to collect the then old time paper checks saw the tractor and him. The fleet knew the entire story by next day pretty much.

The company does not need to bully, threaten or shame employees. The drivers can handle that on their own.

truckguy391 Thanks this.
  10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    No, it implies that a person has to know and care about the audience in order to be humilated. And again, there is a difference between embarrassment and humiliation.

Again you are missing my point. Office workers get called out un front of their peers all the time. Its pretty easy for a supervisor to call out an office worker for trivial dumb behaviour because they are there. 2/3s of the dumb stuff drivers do the office never knows about. Just because this list exists doesn't mean drivers are being persecuted and office workers are being given a pass.

You stated that since the number of yes votes had gone up, tmc must be influencing the voting.

I stated that most of the yes vites have been on here a reasonable amount of time. The implication is they are not TMC plants or operatives. The evidence foes not support your hypothesis.

spyder7723 and magoo68 Thank this.
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Rings true to me. I've been in enough driver meetings where drivers have suggested this to male his post sound legit.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.