TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Not paying attention to what they’re doing and their surroundings

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    There's never any need to yell. If you have to yell at somebody to get your point across you're lacking in communication skills.
    In all the time I've been involved in trucking I can't say I've ever been actually yelled at. My definition of being yelled at includes an elevated volume, a red face, and saliva spray.
    Some people think they're being yelled at if they're criticized, reprimanded, or even if a different method of doing their job is offered. They're grown up children and should probably find a work environment that coddles and protects their sensitive soul.

EDIT....As far as the Wall of Shame goes, it's kind of juvenile but I can't see it doing any real harm. I also doubt if it will cause any real change. Just another poor idea from somebody in management

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Badmon, kemosabi49, Lonesome and 4 others Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I agree, there was a alot of yelling in my time with emotion and associated human effects.

I would prefer to forget those companies and focus on the better companies who solve problems in a conversational tone. Which happened much more often later in our years.

There has been too many bad companies that want the most money the fastest any way they can but loose as they say. And grind through drivers who fail to produce fast.

I remember one time my ATS tractor (Anderson trucking service St Cloud) failed to stay cool. For two weeks until I was brought into the main shop HQ and had 6 superior management ranks standing around my unit asking me to repeat the sequence in a calm questioning as to what the tractor was doing. Fortunately tractor behavior was replicated.

During the examination there I remembered one of my fords that did the exact same thing the same way until I replaced that radiator cap, the old one being too weak and worn out. I told the 6 suits did anyone think about that radiator cap up there?

Lightbulbs went on with all of them and they RAN not walked directly to the tool to pressure test the cap. It failed.

A new cap was put on and all smiles. Just lost about 4 loads over two weeks over a 20 dollar cap that went bad. No biggie. A billion dollar company can not really "Feel the few hundred or thousands in incidental losses due to a busted 20.00 cap..."

Stories like that I don't mind telling. It has a positive ending. But yelling incidents? I just as soon forget it. Because usually when you defend yourself verbally it creates a form of feuding or bad blood as they say. Its never good. If its really bad the driver could stabatoge on the way out. Thats never acceptable.

Ultimately most of those bad companies went out of business and out of existence weeks or months after I left.

5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if real yelling takes place at tmc. Considering the marine background and culture of the company. Then again I've never worked there so maybe that's all just marketing bs and it's all easy going sunshine and roses pat ya on the back when you put a load of steel in the ditch.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    A driver doing something reckless whether in hwy or parking lot that put imminent hazard to anyone, yes they should ratted on...I’ll report to a company in a heart beat...done it before and I’ll do it again...

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Hasn’t the story always been that TMC encourages drivers to drop a dime on each other if they’re not following company policy?

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Such a great demotivational poster message.

Lonesome and 28 Thank this.
  9. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    No. The only thing drivers care about is getting home.

10. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Stevens used to hold court on your accident with your co-workers to see if you were guilty. TMC is doing nothing any different. I remember when I was with my trainer, they shot a message over all of the Qualcomms about 5 drivers waiting for bus tickets to Dallas. They even had one spin his truck around on ice, snapping his lines and detaching his trailer in the process. So no, this isn't new. Now I'm no stellar driver, but we all have to be brought to the carpet at some point.

11. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    I'm not moving that trailer. Dispatch can kiss the fattest part of my ###. I have enough bills as it is. I'm not helping DOT buy their holiday hams no time of the year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.