TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Where is this “hypothetical” place at? And where is the “hypothetical” load going? I’d like a shot at finding you a scale within a reasonable distance or routing you around the weigh station.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rick11

Rick11 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Great, so mess up and get spanked by your company.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    should it be "mess up and get a lollipop?

5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Yeah this is 2020 why should anyone be responsible for their own actions? You should run team so you can blame it on your co-driver.

drvrtech77 and spsauerland Thank this.
  6. Tanksmuch

Tanksmuch Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Central Arkansas
    Sounds like they believe in negative reinforcement versus positive reinforcement. Groendyke posts speed gauge rankings for each terminal and overall, but they don't post all that other stuff. They handle it with a 1 on 1 conversation with your direct manager... and if needed, with the safety manager. Other than typical trucking BS that almost everyone puts up with (that I didn't appreciate), I appreciated the way they handled overall "performance issues".

7. Tanksmuch

Tanksmuch Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Central Arkansas
    If there's a way to "reply all" to his message, reply with all the late loading, wrong directions/addresses, wrong contact numbers, lack of prompt response from dispatch/manager, wrong loads, impossible delivery times, etc...

8. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Completely agree. What good could possibly come of it?

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    No one said "not be responsible for your actions". If someone has a screw up, they should own it. But the company publicly pointing out is wrong. Are we going to get other TMC drivers ratting out fellow employees? "Xavier in truck 9666 had a tarp tail flapping on I70 westbound Tuesday".

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Doesn't sound like it needs to be a major infraction. A bungee breaks going down the road, and part of the tarp is flapping in the wind might get you recognized.
    I've never had a fatal accident. But you're telling me you've NEVER had a speeding ticket, or warning? Or curbed a tire at a shipper? Or cut a corner, and went up on a sidewalk? Or had an inspection at a scalehouse, that was less than perfect, no marker lights out, or brake travel that was off?
    Then I'd like to shake your hand.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    only ONE trucker was that good, and his handle was "Elegant John",...... and Henry Fonda played him in that movie.

now of course it was a fictional character.....but HE WAS that good......

all the rest of us, are not that good.

i saw this movie at least twice, wish it would come on again......

The Great Smokey Roadblock (1977) - IMDb

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.