TMC Texas regional

Discussion in 'TMC' started by AggieTrucker, Jan 27, 2018.

1. AggieTrucker

AggieTrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Buda TX
    Hey everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and trucking. I'm almost done with getting my CDL and was looking really hard at TMC. The recruiter came by and said with the regional routs sometimes you get the chance to spent the night at your house a couple nights a week and then home on weekends. Is this true or even possible?? I live south of Austin right on 35 so I can how maybe this could happen or is he just blowing smoke up my rear end??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    That may very well be true. I-35 from Houston through the big D is freight central for flats. However, "night" could easily be 2200 with your start time at 0400 to deliver. So, it may be true, just not what you might expect.

AggieTrucker Thanks this.
  4. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    All the TMC trucks I see down here are hauling sheetrock or shingles and typically they are gonna want you to be @ customer waiting for the doors to open,so if your delivery is in the Austin area,then yes you would be able to stop at the house for a few hours...............depending on where you p/u and if you have the hours available to get "home" of course.

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Take it with a grain of salt..recruiters are paid to get you in the seat anyway they can...now you most likely will be home on weekends but im willing to bet for only 34hrs...

Paddlewagon and AggieTrucker Thank this.
  6. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    My company recruiter told me how often they go to my home town and it was BS. Not TMC. But yeah, grain of salt.

7. AggieTrucker

Jan 27, 2018
    Buda TX
    I'm pretty much ok with being gone 5 days and back on weekends. My wife on the other hand is luke warm to the idea. We have a 5 year old and a 9 month old so she wants me home as much as possible. That's why the idea of maybe being able to pop in a day or two during the week sounded good but I'm not holding my breath that would really happen.

8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I told my wife it was just for 6 months. She has been supportive. I could have gotten a local job. But instead I stayed out 18 months now. You can get a local job too. But first you need experience. Minimum 6 months of OTR to be a serious candidate for a good driving job later. In My opinion.

9. AggieTrucker

Jan 27, 2018
    Buda TX
    Yeah she kinda understands that. We have a couple friends that are drivers and they've said the same thing I just don't think it's sunk in yet for her.

10. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Millis is paying .50 cpm for Texas regional. You may want to call and talk to them.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The miller brewing dedicated..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.