TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JCarr, Oct 21, 2005.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I checked out their website once. I thought it said home most weekends. That could mean anything. As for tarping and securing, I've found that building materials is the easiest load to do this on. Everything is tight and even. Try it on a load of crane parts once.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. monkeyfkker

monkeyfkker Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Pratt, Kansas
    Couple things to watch for... Is it an LTL company? Make sure you get paid for stops. If the company charges the customer for tarping then you should get part of it. I don't know anything about TMC but that's what we do here.

4. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That's what you do where?

5. monkeyfkker

monkeyfkker Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Pratt, Kansas
    Small trucking company out of Kansas. We have 24 trucks and run flats, steps, and RGNs. We pay our drivers on practical miles and give them drop fees.

6. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    So you do heavy equipment and things related, huh? I guess that makes 3 of us now, including myself and Joethemechanic.

7. Snake_Ize

Snake_Ize Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2006
    They haul a lot of everything. Building materials, steel in all forms such as metal coils, coiled rod, flat stock and sheets, they haul hay, farm equipment for John Deere, construction equipment and just about anything else that can go on a flatbed.

8. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    But I hear they don't let just anyone in on the John Deere acc't. That one must pay pretty good.

9. Duckie

Duckie Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Alabama
    No they dont let anyone on the John Deere account, you have to live in a certain area and you have to be with the company for a certain amount time. The comment about tarping building materials, have you loaded at a lowes terminal they will stack about 15 different types of materials odd shaped and all kinds of crazy.

10. Hardrock

Hardrock Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Arkansas
    I went to TMC bootcamp right out of cdl school. If you want to flatbed and learn how to secure things then TMC will show you, but it's not easy. Unfortunately they had a problem with some medication I was taking and we parted ways before I ever got with a trainer.

11. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Ah, I see. Sounds like something that requires somebody with half a brain to load it, or else you'd wind up with bigger and longer stuff on top where it doesn't belong, and loose items thrown everywhere . That's what leads to problems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.