TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JCarr, Oct 21, 2005.

1. satman

satman Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Crittenden, KY
    Just wanted to add to the TMC posts they are a safe and respected company that I have had the pleasure to drive for almost 2 years now. Flatbedding is what it is, Hard work and the people at TMC know this as for expecting you to run illegal , don't think so. Their safety people are top notch and work with you to get the load to the Consignee safe and secure. As for a post I read about having to run hot logs to make money that is up to you, That choice is up to you alone just fear the wrath of Todd as we all know times are tough right now and they like all companies are using this to improve their driver assets. My experience with TMC has been nothing but good and if you want to learn from one of the best rated training programs TMC is where to go.

Redgreen01 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ellver

ellver Bobtail Member

May 31, 2009
    BRONX NY
    tmc will go out i see about 10 to 17 every day in westchester ny pluss i see them in the bronx at least 2 a week

4. ellver

ellver Bobtail Member

May 31, 2009
    BRONX NY
    i work for them for about 4 1/2 years if my parents did not get sick i still would be there

5. Earl

Earl Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Question ellver......is Mt. Vernon considered the Bronx?...The NY areas confuse me...been to Long Island, across the Throgs Neck...up the 95 ....love the upstate area...beautiful country....I know there are bouroghs, not sure of that spelling, but are they "laid out" somehow and are they all considered NYC?.....thx in advance to anyone that can help clarify my confusion.

I run NY almost weekly....never a problem, and I believe ATL traffic to be worse.

6. ellver

ellver Bobtail Member

May 31, 2009
    BRONX NY
    mt vernon is westchester ny do you work for tmc? if need diretions send me a mail i will do the best i can p.s. dont drive on pkwy

7. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    Mt vernon is not in the bronx. It is just another city just North of NYC

8. ellver

ellver Bobtail Member

May 31, 2009
    BRONX NY
    westchester county

9. truckin77

truckin77 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2009
    indianapolis,in
    whatever. if you want the polish they give it to you. all they require is that you wash the truck once a week. if you dont like to follow some simple rules and regulations, then TMC isnt for you.

10. Earl

Earl Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Thx for the info....think I understand somewhat how the "pie " is divided....

BTW....I currently run for Keim TS.....out of Sabetha Kansas....good company.

11. Mud Dog

Mud Dog Tattooed & Insane - Forum Sparkler

Dec 8, 2009
    Devil's Land, kentucky
    I drove for TMC for 8 months and it was the worst mistake I could've made working for them. 46 out of 52 w/e home they concider a 10 hr break saturday at home a w/e home you will be pushed to run illegal logs for them but if you need 30 minutes to get home they will shut you down. The FM I had was worthless and I couldn't change like they said I could. I got 2-3 loads a week making $200-$350 a week far from the $45,000 they say you'll make. I got fed up with how thing were going and gave a 2 week notice. I got to work 1 day after that andhad to turn my truck in. Now because I didnt put alot of loads on the truck which wasn't my fault they disreguarded my notice and terminated me. Thus meaning I will probably never get hired for a driving job again because that termination went on my DAC report. I could go on all day about that TMC says and what they actually want/make you do to keep a job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.