TMC Transportation, Inc. - Des Moines, Ia.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 23, 2006.

1. bs64507

bs64507 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    St Joseph, MO.

Guess it depends on how you read it. "They" means Knight and not TMC. Guess Knight must be looking into getting into flatbed, or Western Express is looking to expand into dry van and reefer.

I expect it's just another one of those truck stop rumors, hopefully.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightlinerfever11

freightlinerfever11 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2010
    East of the Rockies
    Just a ? im new to trucking and i didnt think you could run out of hours with a trainer because you drive half the time and the trainer drives the other half

4. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Trainer is supposed to be up there training. That runs his hours out being on duty. It's one thing if they've been on a training run for a while and the trainer feels safe enough to let the new guy run alone while he's in the sleeper. A lot of these guys try to run team with a brand new driver from day one, though. That's not how it's supposed to be done.

5. freightlinerfever11

freightlinerfever11 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2010
    East of the Rockies
    ah that makes alot of sense thanks and ya kinda disregards the training if they run like a team and the trainer sleeps the whole time

6. Puregrain

Puregrain Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Bowling Green, Ky
    I think this post is kindof funny! I started out of driving school with TMC. What a joke! The trainer was the biggest joke of all, glad to see I'm not the only person that had this problem with them. I worked for them in 2000-2001 so this has been going on for a while. I also watched a guy put in a two week notice and when he turned his truck in at Des Moines, they made him walk 2 miles to a convience store to call a cab, while they sat his fridge and clothes on the side walk by the road. The last week I drove for them from 8 am sunday morning until 2 am the following saturday morning with 3 hrs of sleep all week. I did bring home $450.00 for that week though! LMAO I then told them to come and get there truck, I was not going to bring it to them. Took them almost 2 months to send a driver to come get it. Guess that load that was on the trailer wasn't as important as they said it was. Would never go back to work for TMC. I have driven for 11 years now, and never ran into any co. that was as bad as they were. Think the key is to get peeps straight out of school, because that way they don't know what there doing. They can run you however they want at that point, cause you don't know better.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  7. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2010
    quit; a good company will hire you anyway, thiers plenty of good company's looking for safe drivers

8. beaglewv

beaglewv Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2010
    wv
    Well Im a member of this forum but stumbled onto this through google. I am very interested in TMC as a first company to drive for. Im waiting to start school in november through my state fund then go for TMC orientation. Not sure what to think now, made me sit back in my seat once again. I travel a lot for my wifes family and see a lot of companys out there and quite frankly have no idea who to go for. Of course TMC looks nice, their site is informative of what I need to hear but all the issues in these posts are not mentioned on their site. Not sure what to do now. Maybe call them and talk but scared to make a decision now. Need to be home weekends and support my family. Hard to figure out where to start at. Werner? thx for listening.

9. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    Home weekends? Reality check! Not gonna happen!! You've got slim to no chance of finding a company that'll hire you on AND get you home weekends straight out of school. You're gonna pay your dues like every other starry eyed schmo out there, become dis-illusioned, nearly break your family and then finally slink home (if you still have one) with nothing to show for it.
    There are some that are able to stick it out and eventually land with a reputable company (preferably LTL) and go on to make a good living and a good career for themselves. Given the fact that you've never driven and are making a statement like, "Need to be home weekends" speaks volumes for how little you know. Lotsa luck there Dudley, you're gonna need it.

10. Cruiser9

Cruiser9 Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Groveport, OH
    If getting home on Saturday afternoon and leaving on Sunday afternoon is your idea of "home on the weekends" then you will have it made. Of course, this only happens every 5th weekend.

11. dranglic1

dranglic1 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2010
    working for tmc was the biggest mistake of my driving career,they over run you and if you dont do want they want then you get the wrost loads.i was a dedicated driver out of new england and they want 2 loads a day no matter what,you start at 2 in the moring then make your load for 600am in the moring and it cant be late,then you drive back2 or 3 hours to make the second run, mind you you still have to strap your load theres a hour if your good.then you make your del, then you have to make it back to the yard if your lucky you didnt need fuel if you did theres another 45 min of your time ,if you can figure this out you dont have enough time to do this . well you put it all togeter its between 14 to 16 hours everyday and all you make is roughly 220dollars a day.then if your truck has to be serviced,you dont get payed for that,its your job they say.i sat for 9.5 hours for free. then they had me drive to indy,for the truck to be service in a day cab. 1500 miles. sat for 2.5 days with no pay.then on the home i ran out of hours so slept in a rest stop in the day cab for 5 hours and got ##### at for it. with tmc there is a lot of down time that u dont get pay for .the only good thing ill say about tmc is this..........................................................................................

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.