TMC. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Crossbones, Jun 19, 2019.

1. McMahons Trucking

McMahons Trucking Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Where are you trying to stay around geographically? I know a good one out of pine bluff Arkansas

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    If you are thinking about your retirement TMC has an ESOP with my four years there it is valued over 30k. This was all free money! There 401k is okay, but the ESOP is the big one. With so much experience you should talk to them about their boat division, easy work, and good pay!

Socool4real, Lonesome and Crossbones Thank this.
  4. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    ESOP's almost always beat 401k's in terms of growth. Its not uncommon for an ESOP to double or more a 401k over the same period of time. TMC's ESOP is outstanding as far as Im concerned. However, I always felt it was more geared for office staff as most drivers wont stick around for 20 or 30+ years, especially with only 2 wks off per year. But for the right driver, their ESOP is great.

Crossbones Thanks this.
  5. Akkaid

Akkaid Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Aint about stealth mode, just too much to list. TMC has been great by me. If you're competent and generally hard working, they will be great for you.

6. Traveling Jones

Traveling Jones Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    How long have you been with TMC? What’s your weekly gross?

7. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Weekly gross depends on where you run, how long you stay out, if your fleet mgr likes you. Freight fluctuates weekly so a better question is whats your yearly gross. A driver who goes home every weekend consistantly will do about 46k to 52k per year, once again depending on where you run. Drivers who run a month at a time consistantly can do up to 80k a year as your fleet mgr will have better luck getting you into a good paying freight lane. The system is designed to maximize your earnings only if you stay out greater than a week. If you run a month at a time and dont hit at least 70k fire your fleet mgr. Theres a general slow down in freight right now nationwide, but freight has always sucked in these areas: Ar, La, Ms, Al, Ge, Fl, Mn, Wi. Extreme northeast like Maine, Nh, Ve. So if you live in one of those areas and want to go home weekly your pay will suck greatly. As a matter of fact I would be surprised if the company is hiring out of those areas because it becomes difficult to get drivers home in low freight areas. You can live in a low freight area and still make decent money if you run greater than a wk. Anyone who says their making $80k and going home weekly is either an aggressive trainer, just blowing smoke, or someone from the recruiting dept pretending to be a driver.

ChevyCam Thanks this.
  8. ChevyCam

ChevyCam Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Great place to get a start in open deck. If you have more than two years exp I would look further.

9. Carthiefninja

Carthiefninja Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2020
    I'm looking to get my start with TMC

Socool4real Thanks this.
  10. Carthiefninja

Carthiefninja Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2020
    I live in NC.. think I will have hard time getting home weekly?

Socool4real Thanks this.
  11. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.