TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Duckie, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Polarbear857

Polarbear857 Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Coatesville pa
    I was with them for 5 yrs and never missed a wkend unless I told them I wanted to stay out. Only did that twice never worked out the way I wanted to so wasn't worth it. If you find yourself missing weekends talk to your FM. If it persists he's the problem. Ask for a new one. TMC is a good company to go with bud. Especially starting out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DC804

DC804 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    Im think im good to go to DMV next week for my roadtest...im in the middle of my 4th week of school. Hopefully to head to TMC after the 1st of the year!

4. LittleDutchmaster

LittleDutchmaster Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2011
    If you had to evaluate both, which would payout better over the long term? :biggrin_2554:

5. misner740

misner740 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Columbia SC
    I submitted my application to TMC on Friday and spoke with someone in their recruiting office today. I was told that my app wasn't picked up but not why I have no criminal record and no moving violations within the past 5 years. I was extremely dissapointed to find out i wasnt going to work for them any idea on why I wasn't picked up??

6. dropdeck

dropdeck Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    Misner740 did you call them or did they call you ? If you read the directions on the application it says to call them in 24 hours. I think if you wait to long to call them they may take it that you can't follow simple application directions and turn it down. After reading through a lot of post here I seen more them 5guys that have weighted more than a few days to call them only to find out your application has been turned down .not saying that is what has happened but I think I see a pattern here . If I was you I would keep trying. I'm going to apply there in a few weeks .I hope not to be turned down that is the only company that I am willing to give up 10 years at my present employer for ..... good luck and keep trying

misner740 Thanks this.
  7. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey bro if TMC won't take you but you want to do flatbed try PGT trucking they are out of PA

misner740 Thanks this.
  8. misner740

misner740 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Columbia SC
    I actually called them the day I turned my app into the woman in the office at my trucking school and tey hadnt even received it yet so I called back the next day and they said that they weren't going to pick me up and it wasn't because of anything wrong with my app they were just goin to go with other applicants. This sounded fishy to me so I immediately called te office at my school and they said they thought something sounded off as well. And miz860 how long have u been with PGT or do u work for them at all?

9. miz860

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Sorry for the misconception I don't work for PGT yet I just got approved to work for them so I have to finish my refresher then I am going to go either on the 19th of this month or the 2nd of next month gonna talk it over with the wife. If you have questions I can tell you what my cousin says about them he is the reason why I am going to PGT and also because they offered me a sweet dedicated position.

10. misner740

misner740 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Columbia SC
    That's cool man do they have a long haul or OTR devision? I'm 23 no kids or wife to worry about so I'm tryin to make as much as possible my first year and build from there. What's their mileage pay like?

11. miz860

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.