1. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Well, I shelved my tnd80 (stuck unloading screen several people said either pay to have it fixed out of warranty, get a different one, or relish in the fact I now have a $600 paperweight)
    Anyway, my son got me an early fathers day gift. Bought the tnd540 for me. Basically the same as the 80, no camera, less apps and smaller screen. Worked fantastically the first couple weeks (got it first of April) then it would start powering down. The battery icon showed full with the charging icon, but when it powers off, the screen flashes the dreaded red outline of a drained battery. I thought it might be the charger (low amperage like with the 80) not the case. The only way it will actually charge is using the data cable that came with it and plugging it into a 5.4a bullet charger. Thing is, it can show a full charge but I get maybe an hour out of it, then it goes back to showing no charge. I have contacted RM and awaiting their reply but wanted to see if anyone else has either heard of this or experienced it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jimjam38

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Update, RM is doing an rma for the 540. I have heard some units got bad batteries. In my initial email to them I mentioned my tnd 80 as well. They said I would have to submit the info separately but I already know it would be out of warranty. The thing is the rep said in the email (and probably shouldn't have) "your tnd 80 just needs to be flashed" thing is, I know a bit about flashing (with android phones) why can't rm just put a file on their site so users who know how to flash can do so without having to send it in?

4. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    The reason they don't leave flash files on their site for public consumption is because "some" folks are not as savvy as you. They run too high of risk of users bricking their tablets. However, many of their more senior support folks will walk you through a flash if you get the right one on the phone. Mark used to do it all the time for TTR users, but they let him go unfortunately.

5. jimjam38

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma

Yeah I know. Mark helped me when i first got it. I just can't locate the cards that i flashed it with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.