to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Yea scrap definitely can be a challenge. I always liked aggregates, roof granules, an the hazmat dust. Dirty dirt an ash as well. All stuff that comes out easy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    @motocross25 I ran across one of your co-workers this morning in Florida as we were tied up in an absolute traffic nightmare on I-4, red flat top Pete, then I saw him again later this afternoon rolling north tarped up ready to go, I'm assuming fertilizer, but maybe aluminum turnings up to Scottsboro, hard to say. I'm starting to think you guys got that aluminum run from us, because I've been seeing a lot more of your trucks in the area lately, TMR down here ships out a ton of that stuff to the Huntsville area.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Reason for edit: Spelling
    motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    There’s a very good chance it was turnings up to Scottsboro because I was talkin to one of our drivers today and they are gettin a bunch of cottonseed out of somewhere down there and dragging it back up to Wichita. But hard to say they have their fingers in a lot of pies. And to address your earlier post you are absolutely right. Scrap is not my favorite by any means. Apparently it’s not JK’s either but when they bid on it they do it ridiculously high in either A) hopes they don’t get it or B) if they do it’s worth the hassle. Stainless is the a pain to begin with and you throw in hydraulic oil on top of it, yea I bet you were in a predicament!

3CC395DF-9CEF-448B-A192-18462FDD17A5.jpeg 9254AD53-66F3-46EC-AA3C-7C26FA6BB5BB.jpeg Not the best place to dump scrap but I’ve done worse. And with as chunky as that crap was with only a little hole near the back, and an upright trailer, I consider that a win.

Professor No-Name Thanks this.
  5. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Was not the most productive of last few days. Thursday I loaded compost and the loader filled my trailer up. He did not realize I had a long trailer and not a short one like the other guys. So it was heavy, had trouble lifting and was so compacted it required a fair amount of shoveling, lifting it back up, breaking more loose with the shovel, lifting back up etc. Then once done the field had warmed up and turned greasy and I was stuck spinning. So I had to keep caterpillaring myself forward with the trailer. Then Friday I fire my truck up and immediately had an engine derate warning. Bad DEF sensor (imagine that). Took about all day to get it going and fixed, then pre loaded for St. Louis, got my truck washed and called it a week. Hopefully next week is better!

1F6C7A90-EDC1-44E0-8E1D-21B493DEE2DD.jpeg E56BE031-2FE2-4779-8850-1278049CC810.jpeg This is how little came out. Not what you wanna see.

53FA9AF2-53DC-45AE-B119-CC8445C94F68.jpeg Also not what you wanna see.

4C5879E8-B4CF-4A06-9BE9-07EDAA9133EF.jpeg 39103F0A-F536-47B3-A566-906EF8BD5B74.jpeg All was not lost tho. Caught a Duck Dynasty marathon at the shop and got the salt and field mud washed off the ole girl.

6. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Some days you're the bug an some days you're the windshield. Lol.

7. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    End dumps never have to worry about trailer wos? Probably not but maybe there's some materials that aren't allowed to cross contaminate idk curious

8. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    You'll wash out more than you think with certain companies, usually a broom does the job, but I had to washout Friday because the lime rock I was hauling was wet and left a muddy mess in the trailer, and I needed to pre load DDG (feed) for this morning. I've had customers require washouts prior to loading red rock, I found it a bit odd, but hey it's their material. @motocross25 sorry for the truck woes, been watching Supercross, excuse me, SuperMotoCross :) this season? It's been pretty exciting thus far, they're in Tampa this weekend but I think I'm just going to enjoy it from the comfort of home.

9. motocross25

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yep I have been watching it and you’re right it is a great season. I like when it likes this and a lot of guys are front runner and it’s not just one guy dominating everything and everyone racing for 2nd place like when Villipoto was on his reign of terror. I’m with you I’d much rather watch it at home. I used to love goin to the one in St. Louis when I lived there but by the time you fight the traffic and the idiotic parking setups and buy food it’s not worth the hassle. Plus when someone bites it you can watch it on replay and see what happened.

YardMule89, NightWind and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    20230209_123920_HDR.jpg
    Professor's new ride. Got junk corn on to deliver here in iowa. Gonna run Michigan to Iowa till project is done. Gonna load later today an go thru the house. Deliver Monday morning in Richmond Indiana. Then back up to Michigan. Truck needs some cleaning an polishing. Boss said keep track of my time for cleaning an detail work an he'll pay me.

NightWind, kylefitzy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Nice pics :thumbup: about 2 months ago or so I stopped at kc peterbilt on a Saturday to pickup some parts and thought that was ur truck but wasn't sure !

NightWind and motocross25 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.