to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    It went great and thanks for your help. Hell yes that’s a big hole in the ground! It’s impressive. And that marble house thingy whatever on that road is beautiful. You weren’t kidding tho that is a heck of a pull coming out of there. I also screwed up I read your directions “turn back onto the scale” as “back on to the scale” lol I backed on that sucker and the loader goes “well… I been here 36 years and I’ve never seen anyone back on to that scale”. I’m an idiot. But yea dude it was a great place to go. I was 80k on the money and legal on all axles. I dumped that this morning, reloaded in St Louis and I’m home. Unload tomorrow then preload for Monday. How’s things your way? A5DEFA69-CAC7-483C-938A-3A9E1737B041.jpeg
    Marble hole

C7F314F8-BEEB-42B2-8BD0-F373A725838F.jpeg
    Marble house

D1BB0F73-8571-47AE-B77F-D77B82D272FB.jpeg I cut over 136 to I-75. It wasn’t the truck friendliest route I’ve ever been on especially loaded but I’ve done worse.

AE9E5BD6-150F-48B9-BE6F-6B27A96A34B2.jpeg

The only time to drive through Nashville as far as I’m concerned, 2:30 in the morning.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Glad it went well, sorry for the confusion on the scale but you'll know better for next time :) I've ran across that 136 a handful of times, but it's always been empty. That part of GA has some serious hills, if you ever have to load at Imery's in Talking Rock, which is really just down the road, prepare yourself for that, no kidding you it's better than a 9% grade coming up out of that place, I know a little back road but heck I don't know if I could tell you how to run it, last time I went there, having not been there for a while, I got lost myself and took a tour of the Blue Ridge mountains.

Busy down here, DDG to go south tomorrow then reload shell for Monday up in northeast Florida. My sister and parents live in Nashville, traffic is definitely hectic around there, but what a cool city!

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Agreed. Same with Atlanta, Austin, and Baton Rouge.

5. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Random question, what phone and service provider do you guys/girls use? I was a loyal Nextel/Sprint merger/ultimate T-Mobile merger customer until T-Mobiles big data breach a few years back, of which they failed to inform their customers, and I ultimately moved over to Verizon. The service is pricey, but overall I've been ok impressed with it, I currently have an I-Phone 13, and since this recent IOS 16 update it hasn't been performing all that good. It will completely lose service at times, going in to SOS mode, and after a couple restarts it seems to be ok. I think it's more of an IOS issue than it is a Verizon issue, but it's bothersome nonetheless, this stupid phone is my lifeline to family, friends, and work. All I really require is a good service provider for calls and texts, and maybe to use maps, I'm not an app guy, don't do social media, so the thought of something simpler would be nice. So whatcha got?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    Reason for edit: spelling
  6. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I use cricket prepaid. 116.00 a month for 3 lines. I've always had good service except out in Wyoming and Nevada.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I have AT&T and I have pretty good service most places. But like you’ve stated @Trashtrucker1707 when I lose service I lose service in a big way. SOS calls only. I’m same as you, no apps no social media no games even and I just call text and look up maps. Usually a reset will cure it but those have become more and more frequent. iPhone 13 here as well. I hate how dependent I’ve become on a phone. Most time on weekends I just toss it in top of the fridge and #### it. Unfortunately Google Maps satellite view is a phenomenal tool, especially in our industry.

8. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Well @motocross25 good to know it's not just me, like you I really could care less about the technology, and feel like I'm pretty detached from technology as a whole, but it's a crappy feeling to think this 1000 dollar paper weight could potentially not even work at times when I absolutely need it. I updated to 16.3 so hopefully that will do some good. I have a friend who's on straight talk with a Samsung and I swear I can talk to that guy anywhere. Have a good week, I'll keep an eye out for you if I make it up that way (Alabama that is).

9. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    Straight talk has really good service. I am a big fan of the prepaid thing an no contracts.

10. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    @Professor No-Name do you know what networks are used? I'm not contracted with Verizon, and my payment is around 113 and change, for me I want to be able to dumb it down a bit on my next phone and not spend so much money on something I really don't utilize, but I have no idea what those options are. I-Phone makes a SE model, which to my understanding is basically the same technology, with a little less of the fancy stuff for only about 400 bucks, that sounds like a heck of a lot better deal to me.

11. Professor No-Name

Nov 26, 2016
    At&t is parent company of cricket. I paid 400 for my phone at cricket. I use android. It's pretty cheap but works good for me. I even run my log book on it. Straight talk or cricket is the way to go. Ill never do another contract phone again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.