to all end dump haulers...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by leo319, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I've been at this long enough to know saying something only makes things worse, although it's the right thing to do, doesn't seem to work with grown men...you know that whole thing about admitting when you F'ed up? And taking it back would've done me no good, at least in the field I was dumping it I had a slight slope, and other loads to back in to, and up on, to finally find a situation to counteract the lean, it took me no less than 10 moves and close to 30 minutes to find that spot though. My office made a phone call regarding the situation, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Have you tried to explain to the loader what he's doing wrong and why it's wrong? Maybe get him to climb up on the trailer and see how far off from center he is? Politely of course.
    Is his loader one of those crappy little machines that are just one step above a riding lawnmower? If a loader doesn't have the reach and he can't flip it maybe he could try loading from the other side. LOL...I suggested that to a loader one time and he got the darndest look on his face and then broke out laughing. He said "Jeeez, I used to think I was smart. How come that never occurred to me?" To show him there were no hard feelings I turned the truck around so he wouldn't have to travel so far.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Yea i used to go north on a highway out of Silverthorne to get to it. I hauled molybdenum out of there on a van several times when I worked at Sharkey. Would take it to Fort Madison Ia.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Seeing loads like that an looking back on when I pulled end dumps makes me sometimes wonder how I never flopped one.

6. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Loadin’ a little busheling today headed up to Charleston, little change of pace for me. Still sporting the Volvo, what’s everyone else up to? IMG_1075.jpeg

D.Tibbitt and Rugerfan Thank this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I’m training a new dude. No dump experience at all. It’s over whelming to say the least, and I’m sure even more so for him. Haha poor dude I don’t even know how many times the last 2 days I’ve said “oh yea I forgot to tell you about that.” There’s so many things in end dumping once you get down you just do second nature and it’s hard to remember coming from scratch. Thank god I’m training him on a full frame tho. I’ll be in Florida in less than a month tho @Trashtrucker1707 for vacation! I’ll be sure to test that front radar out for ya on the ole Volvo if I see ya on the highway! :D

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  8. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    I might be doing Uber eats by the time this nightmare is over :). Traffic was stacked coming out of Charleston, had to PC it down here to hardeeville, and then wait 2 hours for a shower. It sure wasn’t like this 2 years ago when I gave up the road, boy how things have changed!

9. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Good luck with the trainee, I’m at a 0% success rate with mine thus far.

10. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    @Arctic_fox you may or may not know this, but around Wakeeney KS there’s a DOT that’ll ride next to you and shoot a heat gun at your tires and can tell if you’re over weight or over axle. Which in my opinion is like cheating, and isn’t even fair. :rolleyes: Just a heads up.

D.Tibbitt and Rugerfan Thank this.
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Stupid question here but how much more heat could there be if you’re at 82k vs 80k?

motocross25, Oxbow and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.