To old for BS

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by To Old For BS, Nov 11, 2016.

1. To Old For BS

To Old For BS Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2016
    I've been driving over the for 29 years the Worst company I have come across is Z transportation in Wayne Nj they lied from the door there is no 50cents a mile they don't get you home on time to much down time they don't pay detention are lay over pay they are part of USA logistics out of Chicago which is on the DOT #### list Run Run Run to somewhere else before coming here.

ARGO TRANSNATIONAL Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    .50 a mile on your 29 years? Sir, you should demand at least .65 and get it now a days in some of the top companies who will hire you this morning while skipping breakfast to get it done.

Rusty Trawler and Texnmidwest Thank this.
  4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Where?

wstar2003 Thanks this.
  5. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    You are never to old for BS!

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Any place. Especially if you got 29 clean years. I got .48 or thereabouts after 2001, you would think ten years plus if I stayed in that long I would probably clear .65 by now or 1.00 as a team to truck or more.

Carrier rates must rise to 3 or 5 dollars per mile across the entire industry, otherwise no one is going to be doing anything with humans but robots.

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    I stand by my stance that: not much good comes outta Jersey. Sorry, guys.

8. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Unfortunately @x1Heavy it doesn't work that way. Only ones that MAY be paying .65cpm would be LTL.
    Trucking industry has NEVER (in my 25 years) even attempted to keep up with inflation.
    Even the OTR companies that boast "Make up to .51cpm" are most usually on a scale for 'short miles'.
    No OTR company driver is making .65cpm as a base rate for all miles empty and loaded....and if they say they are, I would have no problem calling them a liar right to their face.

Ougigoug, DTP, shogun and 10 others Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I appreciate your honesty. I can only sit and dream that good professional drivers are worth .65 and 1.00 to team and should get paid that much. The weekly mileage would take care of itself with less turnover with that wonderful pay scale. If freight east from LA is paying 2.60 the company can at least pay .65 of that.

I again, really appreciate your honesty. And dream of the day everyone who truly is good on the road out there gets treated and paid very well.

jethro712 and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  10. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    OTR doesn't (in my opinion) pay near enough for the sacrifice we make.
    As of early April this year I am 100% done with it. I have an hourly gig now and happy as hell. And not one of these LTL gigs where you see the house long enough to shower, eat, and grab a few hours sleep. Only time that happens to me is during Harvest....and that's a couple months a year. Rest of the time is a normal 9 to 5 with decent pay and bennies.

mjd4277, Voodoo Pyg, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice move WhiteDog, good luck with the new gig. I have move some of my equipment over to Ag, tired of the OTR BS.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.