To Permit or No permit needed?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Boundtransport, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Boundtransport

Boundtransport Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2018
    U.S.A.
    Thanks guys.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Reason for edit: Thread end
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I've done it before without a permit but you know this is there always that opportunity to be pulled over. I had a customer arguing it should be considered oversized(had to pay). I told him it's all in the physics does in fit on the flatbed without going over well that answered that (pay up). I had a piece of equipment one time that was oversized it hung over a bit like 2 inch on each side. I tarped it so it wouldn't be so obvious. It worked like a charm. All the best on your decision ( if me no permit).

Boundtransport and nikmirbre Thank this.
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Even if you were allowed 2 inches over....105 wide is 3 inches. For securement devices, youre allowed ( I believe) 2 inches over...... it guess it depends on who calls the cradle a securement device.....?

Boundtransport Thanks this.
  5. Boundtransport

Nov 1, 2018
    U.S.A.
    That actually pretty funny lol. So after some research the oldest of posts say no. 102 is absolute max. Though looking at the actual cargo photo (boat cradle) it looks very different then say a crate being shipped having those dimensions solid walls. With the width, putting 1.5 on each side of the trailer was my thought.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  6. Boundtransport

Nov 1, 2018
    U.S.A.
    If it was a 16ft x 8´9 x 9 crate from the port solid walls 12ft up(3ft from ground to flatbed) then that would be different.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.