Tobyhanna DC driver

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Bigman18428, Mar 9, 2021.

1. ScaniaLW

ScaniaLW Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    About slip seating, I did it for over three years on a three day work week but it was weekend work, Fri, Sat and Sun. I would nearly always have to switch trucks once or twice a week so got pretty good at taking just what I needed. Taking what you need is easy but then you've got to decide on what to take that you might need. I didn't take food with me so that wasn't a problem. I got a shopping basket (not from WM) that fit on the passenger floor nicely.

I had my own haz-mat books and accident report cards with camera with me as I got tired of looking all over the cab to see where the driver had stowed the truck ones. Always grab extra seals wherever you can so you don't have to use the ones that LP issued where you have to account on their seal card when and where you used it, if LP still issues them that is.

Being a minimalist helps as I never did carry much stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    There are a lot of guys that were good with being minimalists when I was there...I wasn’t one of them. I prefer not to eat junk truck stop and fast food, so I had a portable fridge/freezer and a box of “dry goods” I’d be lugging in and out of the truck. I put a microwave in, and within a month it looked like a microwave in a crack heads house unless I cleaned it after the other guys. I don’t miss slip seating a sleeper truck AT ALL and would never do it again for any amount of money. Let’s not forget about the occasional mystery food or other stain I’d end up finding on the mattress I have to sleep on for the week lol. No thanks!

4. Bigman18428

Bigman18428 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Well I decided to go to on boarding and here I am. Currently going on my 2nd, so far not bad. Spent 1st day on paperwork, drug screening and exceptions of a Walmart driver. The CDTs have been great and all want us to pass.

truckdriver31 and mxpx148 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.