Today was a good/sad day

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by TakenPictures_OTR, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Trilleth

Trilleth Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Southern California
    Taken, we'll be there shortly. Will give you the password then?

As far as kids, I do Hulu shows with them, webcam, "A Story Before Time" for my youngest, and am trying to get all 48 states for postcards to them. Since we spend a lot of time in the same states, little tough, but still working it. :biggrin_25520:

If I don't see you tonight, will see you tomorrow, I'm sure.

TakenPictures_OTR Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mooniac

Mooniac Medium Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Vancouver, Washington
    Will update again tomorrow, need to get the passkey for the wifi first. It is just too darn slow mooching the 1x signal from my phone.[/QUOTE]

Try "noillegaldownloading"

4. TakenPictures_OTR

TakenPictures_OTR Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2011
    S.F. Bay Area, CA

Try "noillegaldownloading"[/QUOTE]

Your awesome, thanks!

5. TakenPictures_OTR

Jun 25, 2011
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    Yesterday was another long day. Class from 0800-1730. It was only so long because we went to go get a pre-load done for one of the drivers and we had to wait almost four hours. Then after getting back to the terminal it was time to eat. After eating I went out into the yard and practiced some sight side and blind side driving. A little thunderstorm rolled through and I got to connect to a trailer in the in the rain for the first time. I practiced until about 2130 and then hit the books till midnight. Got up at 0600 this morning and ready to do it all again!

I have also met Trilleth and Javejoe out here, both great people! It seems all the drivers I have met have been really nice. I am very pleased with my decision to come to W/S and very thankful to them for giving me a chance.

6. TakenPictures_OTR

Jun 25, 2011
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    It was good to meet you two!

7. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR
    glad you are liking it so far...how you gettin on with the dvd's?,, i know there are only two of you but when i was there it was a large class and while everybody fighted over 1725 and 1718? i done all the dvd's...i was glad i got them out the way

and meeting people whom you know on here is great, the more we get people involved the better because when you park up alone in an unfamiliar place it can be kinda lonely so gettin online and havin a crac with all these guys makes the job ALOT more social,,,,which really helps me(i am a people person)..

enjoy have fun and make sure you are the guy grabbin the keys and hookin up to a trailer for kelby in the mornings....everything is a test haha

8. Trilleth

Trilleth Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Southern California
    I'm not social and have to make myself talk to all of you, but it makes Joe happy.

Kidding. Really.

Was good talking to you tonight, TP_OTR... I tihnk that's the part I like best; actually having a conversation with a person that isn't "do you need a bag for this?".

9. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR
    hehehe soo true....

10. TakenPictures_OTR

Jun 25, 2011
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    Things are good, got all the dvd's done on Saturday and did one test a night since last Monday so I would not be in a rush or anything.

I hear you about being a people person. I am kinda shy but like knowing the people I am around, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I have been the first one in the class every morning and have been unhooking every night and hooking back up every morning. Kelby has been busy so a lot of are lessons have been with Rick. They are both cool dudes and great instructors.

11. TakenPictures_OTR

Jun 25, 2011
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    Good talking to you as well. I guess you guys took off when I was gone, I am sure our paths will cross again.

I think I saw Hup talking to Joe, was going to go over and say hi, but did not want to interfere or anything

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.