Toll violation

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Shotgun94, Oct 4, 2019.

1. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    We crashed the gate doin nynee eight i said let them truckers roll tenfour.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    ...no one is gonna do anything to his registration ...its all bs ...if the registration on company - nothing they can do , can put you through collection - thats about it

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If the registration is through company. And the plate gets suspended.

Wouldn't sh-- hit the fan somewhere, somehow?

You can live in one state. Get a ticket in another state. And your license gets suspended by the state that issued the ticket. And ALL states see it. Your license has been suspended.

Would it be the same way with plate?

BTW. Cali DOES take credit cards. And your checking account comes with a credit/debit card.

IIRC. I was told a bill would get sent. And the toll would cost more then just paying it on the spot. I wanted them to bill the company.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I can only say for Cali..... if he don’t pay and has California registration, they add the fees and fine at time of renewal. I don’t know if it carries into another state.

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    #### cali and there stupid toll bridges.. I have racked up around $1000 intoll violations on them stupid fasttraks.. Ez pass dont work on those , i think elite pass does..idk tho..my boss chewed me out more than once for the toll violations but hey u guys are the ones that route me to pick up freight there.. And theres no way to get out without paying toll..and im not paying cash.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you cannot cough up 51 dollars today in any way then you are working a dead end.

I usually watch parking wars for lack of anything to do some days. 50 dollar becomes 1000. SOmetimes cheaper just to let them auction the car.

Wonder what a big truck would bring in CA.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I got my license suspended in Cali when they cashed my $10 admin fee check & said they did not get the check. I found out months later when registration was due. Cali has no legal obligation to make sure you are informed & if you are informed it is done so only as a courtesy not as a legal requirement. I had to walk the proof of orig payment to Sac to get the suspension lifted. Because they wanted a $200 fine by then.
    My advise would be to pay the fine. I got a fix it ticket for not having my spare in a DOT approved tire carrier & went back to the guy who issued the ticket to sign off. Don't trust those SOB's for anything. They love to screw with out of state truckers

x1Heavy and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Shotgun94

Shotgun94 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Georgia
    Just gonna pay it. Don’t want to go to jail for something like this lol.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    my question to that is this:

once he (or anyone) were to pay online, they will then have a record of his payment, either credit card or bank ATM/cash card..

do you think that in the future, they would just go and take that money/charge him for future fines..???

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    no they won''t put you in jail, but they will make you stand on a street corner wearing ribbons of shame..
    [​IMG]

x1Heavy, Snailexpress and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.