Toll violation

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Shotgun94, Oct 4, 2019.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The important thing to consider, before deciding on this or that, is whether that bridge is worth paying anything. Ask yourself...
    Ha ha ha!

WildTiger1990 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    The Golden Gate Bridge is owned by the GG Bridge district. All of the other bay area bridges are state owned.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I wonder if they make them with stripes so at least they will match my track suit?

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Just pay it. Think of it as a loan with high interest.

I have an ongoing issue with pa toll roads, someone keeps running the gate at exit 57 and I get the tickets for $657 for it each time. The pictures are blurred but reconginzed by the system as my trailer, you can barely make out the same last group of numbers on the plate as mine, pa keeps saying it is my trailer but I keep sending them proof that it isn't mine (my trailer has barn doors and the one in the picture has a roll up door) and trailer is somewhere else (across the entire country working in Arizona) when this happens. Pa says it is an automated system and are not really concerned about it, while my state is telling me that all states on their trailer plates have unique numbering system at the same time pa sent me another ticket that I got yesterday.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. CarHauler James

CarHauler James Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2019
    call and get it down to 26 and pay it. Or do it my way of waiting till it gets built up to $200 then pay and complain to everyone I see about it. Feels like I get more for my money that way.

x1Heavy and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Some wouldn’t be shamed by that, even with matching shower shoes.

FlaSwampRat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    WTF? Why not just run him out on a rail... (I should shut up today, not a good day...)

buddyd157 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am upset that you are enduring losses of that magnitude. You have satellite in your trucks? Maybe you can call them in Qualcomm to put a geo fence one hour around that 57 so anyone in your truck that breaches it will essentially be caught in some way.

10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I would strongly suggest paying it. These things have a way of coming back and biting you in the ### years later if you ignore them.

I have to laugh at people who complain about bridge tolls in CA. The toll roads in some other states make these bridges seem cheap by comparison.

x1Heavy and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    New York springs to mind, unless California even has them beat...:eek::confused:

x1Heavy, buddyd157 and SteveScott Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.