Too Good To Be True?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TruckNewb, Sep 15, 2019.

1. TruckNewb

TruckNewb Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Lol thats why we are here to learn. You don'T like it, well thats your problem. Have you never made a mistake before? Yea cause you guys are so perfect

TTNJ Thanks this.
  2. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Relax, he was saying that someone who has been in the business for awhile and are struggling resent newcomers that do their research (on here and elsewhere) and succeeded.

It's obviously not just older uses on here that jump to assumptions.

3. TruckNewb

TruckNewb Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2019

4. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    If the OP is still reading this thread I will leave him with my personal option of his idea.

While I am happy to help crunch numbers as I always seem to improve my understanding of my own operation doing so I do not personally think that this would be a good investment.

There is just not enough profit in running one truck for anywhere close to 2 paychecks. Even if you are just expecting a modest return as investment income this is about the worst industry I can think of to invest in. The margins are externally thin for the amount of capital invested and the risks are extremely high. To make any real money without driving the truck yourself most feel that a minimum of 5 - 7 trucks are needed to make any reasonable profit.

I am sure you are starting to see this as you look further into the numbers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.