Too stale to train

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MericanMade, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Abilene Motor Express and Magnum Ltd.
    `
    Also try, Big-M Transportation and Total Transportation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Waste Pro is having a hiring event in Milton, FL.
    We will be hiring for the following location
    • Waste Pro - Milton, 5859 Commerce Rd, Milton, MS 32583 US
    • online application prior to the event is strongly encouraged and will speed up the process.
    • What to wear
      Dress code is Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable).
    • Wednesday, September 30, 2020

1:00 PM - 5:00 PM US/Central

• Interviewing via web
      You'll receive an email on how to connect.

• 145 slots left
    All times listed for US/Central.

1:00 pm
    11 spots left

1:30 pm
    20 spots left

2:00 pm
    18 spots left

2:30 pm
    20 spots left

3:00 pm
    20 spots left

3:30 pm
    18 spots left

4:00 pm
    19 spots left

4:30 pm
    19 spots left

By RSVPing to this event, you understand that your interview and interview time are managed by the host of this event and you agree.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Waste Pro has driving jobs where the driver doesn't touch anything except the levers inside the tractor.
    We will be hiring for the following location
    • Waste Pro - Milton, 5859 Commerce Rd, Milton, MS 32583 US

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    I don't know about that, now. Hurricane Sally hit Pensacola Beach pretty hard. My contractor friend offered me $10,000 to be the superintendent on a condo remodel that I was originally just doing all the cabinets for. I live on this side of the closed Three-mile bridge, and his other sup doesn't want to be stuck in traffic all day taking the alternate route (which had traffic backed up on the interstate for a few miles from the exit the other day). There will be more jobs on the way, too. This contractor splits the net profit 50-50 with his sups, and he turns down way more business than he accepts.

One really nice thing is I'll also be the cabinet dealer who provides the cabinets on kitchen and bath remodels, in addition to being the superintendent. So, three more kitchens to install, then shoulder surgery in late Nov/early Dec, then holding a clipboard for three months while I rehab and see if I like the superintendent thing.

If I don't like it and want to try trucking, hopefully hiring out of Florida will resume. Right now, it's just Western Express and Stevens, and I don't think I'd like the reefer lifestyle. Guess I can try it and see.

650cat425 and TravR1 Thank this.
  7. MericanMade

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Ask them if they've changed their minds about my hernia mesh surgery from 12 years ago? :p

650cat425 Thanks this.
  8. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    A k restriction is the only way to keep a CDL without having a medical. The k restriction is also being phased out gradually, any driver that got their license after 2006 (I think) cannot get a k restriction.

Personally if I could get a k restriction I could. I dont leave nys with my job and i might be working here for years. I have very little desire to go OTR. I'm local and will very likely stay that way for the duration of my career. It would take exceptional money or major life changing event for me to consider otherwise. I pull in between 65-70k a year hauling milk.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  9. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    I resent that remark. You can make a decent buck driving locally only. If you drive dump truck get with the right company, you can get on handsomely paying prevailing wage jobs, only problem where I live they are seasonal jobs.... allot of them not all. Some haul road salt, but if it doesnt snow you have no steady work.

10. MericanMade

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks, but I was outside of their hiring area even before the Wuhan pandemic. I saw an ad for Schneider regional, but haven't called them. Won't even be available until around the end of February because of the shoulder surgery.

650cat425 and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. MericanMade

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Waste Pro USA does my garbage collection. I loathe that company. I would have fired them several times over were it not for their exclusive contract with the county. They are awful. They have contempt for the people they serve. Hate them, hate them, hate them. They are the worst!

650cat425 and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.