Too stale to train

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MericanMade, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I had Shoulder Surgery I described in this thread! I am still going through rehab and just recently stopped wearing a sling. Unfortunately, I don't think my surgeries are over just yet. I spoke to the surgeon during a telehealth appointment. They may be about to replace most of the bone from my shoulder to my elbow. I'm really looking forward to that! NOT!!!!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I had a full thickness tear of the cuff. The surgeon had to drill into my humerus and then anchor the tendon to the bone, hense my 4-6 month rehab.

Good luck to you for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery;

MericanMade Thanks this.
  4. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    There’s nothing funny about drilling into your humerus!

I’ll need a few anchor sutures too.

5. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    No there isn't...

Just be thankful for the nerve block they give you. It'll last about 12-18 hours and you won't feel a thing even when you get home. One word of advice. Do NOT let the pain get ahead of you that first day/night. Ask the surgeon how long the block will last, and then take your first pain pill about an hour or two before hand. That's what I did and it worked quite well. Many folks try to avoid taking the pain meds and wait until they start feeling pain. This is a mistake. Getting ahead of the pain is key to being comfortable. If it gets ahead of you and you try to play "catch-up" it will not be fun.

MericanMade Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.