Top bunk weight limits

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by shandala, Aug 13, 2015.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi Shandala, I'd imagine, like bridge weight limits, they can take a lot more than they claim. Common sense would dictate here. If it says 250 max., 275, 300 probably would be ok, but not much more.

shandala Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Only one 670 I drove was an 07 so I don't know if they improved the bunk at all over the years. I wouldn't be comfortable getting up there at 3 bills though. That thing was pretty flimsy and I don't think it had a shelf that the bunk sat on so the plywood probably wouldn't work either. I'm kind of at a loss without going hog wild and building a full frame that mounts to the factory mounting locations.

shandala Thanks this.
  4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Maybe off the deep end here but if you plan on spending any money to restructure the top bunk why not remove the storage area on the bottom that is blocking you fro expanding the bed size and then add storage to the top so you can both sleep together on the bottom? remove the bottom storage replace on the top bunk with storage and buy a bigger mattress? just a thought... I'm 5'9 170 and walking barefeet up the horrible ladder provided by Volvo kills the bottom of my feet, someone who weighs more than me might be in a lot of pain...

5. shandala

shandala Light Load Member

May 7, 2014
    somewhere usa
    Apparently

6. shandala

May 7, 2014
    somewhere usa
    Owner of the company said it's not in his budget

7. shandala

May 7, 2014
    somewhere usa
    When my husband started working for this company they themselves had paclease trucks in their fleet, along with Ryder lease trucks and one other company, they started buying trucks of their own and as they bought trucks they turned in the lease trucks....

Big Don Thanks this.
  8. shandala

May 7, 2014
    somewhere usa
    No ladder in this one and taking out the cabinets I guess could be an option there's barely any under bunk storage with the APU and inverter that's mounted under there. And it really is difficult to get up to the top especially at 5'4 I'm not sure how access the storage being that high up would work, but it's a thought, thanks

9. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    The 250 lb limit is not so much the structural limit of the bed but a safety concern to avoid top heavy situation where the truck will overturn in a curve.

6daysontheroad Thanks this.
  10. shandala

May 7, 2014
    somewhere usa
    Not in the upper bunk while the truck is in motion.

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    :biggrin_2559::laughing-guffaw::laughing3:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.