Total Dispatch Service

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by papanuge, Sep 19, 2010.

1. papanuge

papanuge Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Anderson, AL 35610
    I have been searching for a dispatch service that handles all the headaches so I don't have to spend all the time. I have found three and would like any input. They are D&R Dispatch, Turbo Dispatch, and Owner Operator Dispatch. If anyone has any info on any one of these I would appreciate the sharing. Thanks

44 days until House Cleaning.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. papanuge

papanuge Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Anderson, AL 35610
    I guess no one has had any dealings with, or has ever heard of these people. I am still looking for answers.

4. brodgers

brodgers Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2011
    About D & R. Owner Rick seemed very knowledgable about the industry.We were however , assigned to a relative who did not understand the business entirely. She was very nice but not aggressive enough and let the brokers dictate too much of the terms. So we never did book a load thru them but they did seem honest about the terms. Have not heard about the other two. We have tried others with no luck. They book loads with low rates, going to dead places. They just don't understand the business.They get their percentage and don't really care if you pull for 2.35 or 1.50 a mile or sit for days. Stay away from Loadedtruck.com. He asks for a depositand charges 12% for loads he books but if you turn any down(it's not suppossed to be forced dispatch) he will keep the deposit ( for all the work he has done). Gee, I guess he expects us to pull loads for 1.50 so he can get his 12%. I have no issue with the 12% if he gets us decent loads but not with low rates to dead places and certainly not with forced dispatch. Good luck..

5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    I think a lot of the people starting up these dispatch services are those with no real experience in the industry and failed brokers. I'm sure there are a few good ones out there, just like there might be a few good brokers. Finding them is the real trick.

6. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    12% - you have got to be kidding. I only charge 13% running under my authority with fuel card and pay weekly. Someone would have to have some serious direct contacts with great rates to make 12% for dispatch service worth while.

SHC, Mr. PlumCrazy and Lilbit Thank this.
  7. truckerworld1

truckerworld1 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I've never heard any of those before. When I looked for a Dispatch Service, I did not want to deal with a big company, as they tend to rush, be on your tail, think they are the boss, and never listen to your needs. I personally went with Phoenix Ari Transport, met a driver who drives one of their trucks a a truckstop. They are usually by referral only and don't do much advertising due to the fact they want to give full attention to all O/O and the space is limited. You can call them at 1-800-spammer and say Jeff from Alpha sent you.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  8. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    ....this is how the old "Coyote Logistics" debacle started lol :happy1:

SHC, josh.c, BigBadBill and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Crazy coincidence, truckerworld01 is posting from the same computer as a Phoenix Ari Transport employee.

fortycalglock and SHC Thank this.
  10. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    LMAO!!!! What a busy site you have for brokers, maybe we should change the name from TTR to Make Your Company Sound Amazing With 30 Different Screen Names but Use the Same Computer Site :biggrin_2559:

11. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    Bill--as your enterprise grows, you may want to consider whether you are charging enough. What if a customer goes out of business and you get stuck? What about some sort of lawsuit? Are you making enough money to fund an ongoing business with unforseen problems? All I am saying is don't make your o/ops a bunch of money at your own expense. If you have more trucks than your own, you now have a bunch more BS to deal with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.