Total Quality Logistics (TQL) BEWARE

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by prttrk33, Mar 19, 2014.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Don't forget to report to credit agents unpaid invoices. And to all loadbords how many days outstanding.

Ky Flash and KB3MMX Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rebeccastransport

rebeccastransport Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    I have had a similar situation with TQL twice, they send me rate con, I sign it, return it to them, they dispatch me out on the load and when I am within just 3 miles of PU point, they call and say they are cancelling the load, and take me off of it. I was able to get them to pay TONU on the first incident, on the current incident, I just finished filing a claim against their bond. Its sad that we all work hard to get loads delivered on time and safely and then brokers want to screw you out of your pay or the load itself. Welcome to the world of lying brokers, right? I will never ever haul anymore loads for TQL, when they call us, we just hit ignore now.

KB3MMX and DSK333 Thank this.
  4. Tonyvu

Tonyvu Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2019
    How was your claim going? My case has been over 9 months now and they still said nothing about it. What should I do?

5. rebeccastransport

rebeccastransport Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    I had to contact their bond and even though TONU is an accessorial charge and they wouldn't file it on their bond, they did help me collect it without charging me and within 2 days the money was in my account. I would suggest contacting their bond, their bond company can be found on FMCSA's SAFER website, click on Company Snapshot, enter Total Quality Logistics, then once it comes up, look to the right and click on Licensing and Insurance, once there, go to Active Insurance and it will list their bond information there. Good Luck, this is exactly why we refuse to haul anything for TQL.

KB3MMX and AaronP Thank this.
  6. Bigman155

Bigman155 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Guys they are the worst so far now, trips 9 months ago I use to get 750 to 800, now they only want to pay 550, rates are way too low, seems like the rates are the same if leasing on to a company, whatever happened to the overhead for insurance and other cost adjustments, running under your own authority cost more

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If you don't like the rates, don't haul for them.
    Let someone else go out of business. Or else no one picks up the load, and the rates will go back up.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Tell them you'll do it for 1400.
    Or don't do business with them.
    They are dirt bags. Treat them as such.
    Oh, and if they cave to your ridiculous demand, also demand they put a tonu fee on the initial rate agreement, in the amount you agree to haul the load for. Also put on there the truck is considered dispatched with this initial rate confirmation. If they don't like it, don't haul it. If they forget to put it on the rate agreement, reject it. If they don't send over the pickup and drop off locations with pickup #, etc. immediately, then don't feel bad for dropping off the load should a reputable broker offer you some business in the mean time.

Clear ?

9. Thouren

Thouren Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    It's hardly only TQL doing it. I have friends at most of the top brokerages. They are ALL pushing this market as far down as it will go!

KB3MMX and AaronP Thank this.
  10. AaronP

AaronP Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    Shippers set the prices, (non-shady) brokers work in the middle to protect a) the shipper's bottom line/product, b) their own bottom line/reputation and c) their carrier's time/safety. Problem seems to be a) lack of trust between all three partners, so supply/demand cycles make it seem like chiseling on both sides. I've been lucky enough to find carriers that run for their cost + margin and shippers that recognize my value to keep their freight moving transparently and efficiently. That being said, when the market was hot, I didn't talk to many carriers that wanted to cut me a break on rates...geese and ganders.

KB3MMX and Thouren Thank this.
  11. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Theseguys are the ponzi scheme of freight

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.