Total Quality Logistics (TQL)

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by jj94587, Aug 5, 2011.

1. jimf922

jimf922 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    O/O layed over so I looked on truckbuzz load boad TQL has by far the highest % of loads posted. Told the company I'm leased to and was told they got burned so bad by them that they would deadhead before taking one of their loads.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbeddispatcher

flatbeddispatcher Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2012
    raleigh, nc
    As far as TQL goes we have had mixed experiences with flats. For the most part they have been good. As a company I have noticed that 2 of their agents will have loads in the same pick up area going to the same drop area and be .25 to .35 per mile away from each other if not more. That has been on more than one occasion. When we actually book the loads we have had no problems getting loaded. Just once or twice they couldn't tell us exactly was being hauled. Lumber is too general of a term. Can you tell me why wood getting turned into pallets needs to be tarped? When you arrive and its all out on the ground in the open? (though that is most brokers that can not answer that one)

4. Eso

Eso Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2014
    I SUGGEST THAT EVERY ONE HERE BOOK LOAD FROM TQL at FRIDAY EVEN DONT HAVE A TRUCK AVAILABLE AND KEEP THEM HOPE LOAD WILL BE PICKED UP...TILL LATE AFTER NOON.
    SAME AS THEY DO TO US.
    MY DISPATCH JUST BOOKED LOAD WITH TQL TO GET ME HOME AFTER 2 WEEKS ON THE ROAD...AFTER 30 MIN THEY CALLED SAYING LOAD ISN'T READY... AND NOW IS FRIDAY 1:30 PM.
    WHAT CAN I DO NOW?
    STAY OVER WEEKEND HERE (NO ONE WILL PAY ME) OT DEADHEAD HOME 700 MILES (I HAVE TO PAY $500) ?
    TQL ######## WILL SALE OWN MOTHER FOR $10 MORE.

5. Craymarris

Craymarris Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2013
    I have had the same issue with TQL, they do not respect your time.
    You also can not take them at their word, it's worthless. Get it in writing.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  6. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    I always, always, email TQL that we require TONU not less than $250 and wait time $50/hr after 2 and no cap.

So far, they don't blink. Have had them put it on rate con, too.

7. bearwolf

bearwolf Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I don't know if you did this already, but you can have it already in your carrier profile with TQL. All you have to do is send over an email to carrier contracts, and they will update your profile. The broker will then have to accept to the carrier agreement terms before "putting you on the load." They would have to go through operational sales in order to get you on the load. This is just an extra step to ensure they know your conditions. After that, it doesn't have to be on the rate confirmation. Just make sure you do your check calls and let them you know that you have checked in, detention will start in two hours. Because brokers do not have a clue when you checked in and when you anticipate the detention to start. Just food for thought.

OneManOneWomanBand and dunchues Thank this.
  8. bearwolf

bearwolf Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2014

Ever hear the story about the Army officer who went nuts and shot the soldiers on base? Or the Marine who slept with a poolee getting ready to go to bootcamp?

Just because there is a bad egg in the basket, it doesn't mean they are all bad. It doesn't mean the Marine Corps or the Army is bad in general. Just getting weeded out.

I can assure you, those brokers will be dealt with accordingly. If you have a complaint with TQL, call them up, and ask to talk to carrier relations and that you would like to file a complaint. Trust me, this is the fastest way to handle any late fee, TONU, detention issues. It practically skips the broker's head and will be investigated to see who, where, and what happened. We started a Quality Assurance team to handle these kinds of situations, to ensure that drivers and carriers are being taken care of. If you need anything just message me.

9. bearwolf

bearwolf Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Only thing I can think of to answer this question, is that the broker's CUSTOMER is requiring them to tarp the load. It could be their customer's request and they are making the broker do it. I ship conduit loads, and I have called receivers to see if they need the load tarped, to save the driver trouble from having to do it if it isn't needed. Most shippers are not tendering the freight to the broker, the shipper works with the buyer or other 3rd party company who organizes the shipments for another company. Once received the dispatch info, ask for the receiver's number to see if the product is going into a warehouse or out in the open. At least you get a chance to see if you REALLY have to tarp it. Just be aware, some brokers don't like it when they call receivers or shippers other than directions. I couldn't care less because I don't do consistent freight into the same locations.

10. bearwolf

bearwolf Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Before booking the load, ask if they pay detention after 3 hours or so. If they stutter then say, "see ya!" lol. Just work out something with them and have them put it on the rate con... That's what I do with my shipments and the carriers I work with.

11. bearwolf

bearwolf Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2014
    That's pretty funny.

I do sometimes post out of origins because some people don't know where Ridgewood NY is, or where Farmers Branch is.. I put Dallas, and then they know where they are going, for those who are not used to going to certain locations. I hate it sometimes because I will have pickups that are in the 50mile radius, and they do not show up when drivers are looking for loads in that radius. I have to post them as the metro city just to get a call in for someone who is interested in that particular load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.