Tour buses keep out

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Although what you say is mostly true it doesn’t seem to largely apply to Scotty’s.
    The restaurant is always busy there.
    The way I see it they have no need for busses.
    While the flip flop wearing young guns seem to pile on top of each other at the TAs and Pilots they drive right past this place.
    I can certainly tell you I wouldn’t have it any other way.
    It’s kind of a different demographic of driver that frequents there.
    A lot of old school drivers from Canada heading south from Montreal and a lot of rural upstate NY old school drivers headed north.
    One of the biggest commodity’s to pass thru there is logs and logging equipment it that helps you understand a little.
    When I stop there it feels to me almost like going back in time like I remember truckstops to be years ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scoot 1971

Scoot 1971 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2018
    You missed my point, it's not that they stopperd at t/s, but how rude they were. I don't care how big a hurry someone is in, it's no excuse for rudeness.
    We share these stops with everyone and that's fine. But a mob surrounding you and trying to cut in front of you is not cool

4. Lonewolf2000

Lonewolf2000 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    If I were in charge of a truck stop I’d put up a sign saying bathrooms closed for cleaning as soon as the 4 buses pull in. And tell em it will be an hour before they reopen.

PSM379 Thanks this.
  5. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    And I can’t stand it when there is another truck ahead of me.

It’s all about me you know.....

bzinger, stwik and IluvCATS Thank this.
  6. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    50-60 people on each bus and they all hop out to use the bathroom at once, then get in the line for food. Pretty amusing.

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Scotty's is the best!

One of the few things I miss about NYS.

Do they still have a fuel island attendant? They did in 2004, the last time I was there with a truck.

Hulld Thanks this.
  8. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    If a bus is on the property I drive on by..

bzinger and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  9. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Not sure on the attendant , I haven’t bought fuel there in quite some time but I frequent the restaurant every time I’m thru there.

homeskillet Thanks this.
  10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Many of these stops compete for the buses. The drivers are actually paid by management to bring the busloads of people in.

diesel drinker Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i been saying that for years..typically, i would see the bus driver get out and ask the dinning area workers if they can even take on a bus...i have seen them being turned down, due to the late hours, where there isn't much staff to handle all that influx of people.

sad fact of the matter is, the bus loads are more often welcomed over dirty, slovenly, rude, loud/obnoxious/cursing, truckers.

can you really blame them...??

if all truckers acted like grandma and grandpa were there, they would be more welcomed.

just because truckers are on the road a lot, does not excuse the way they look, smell, or act in public....

question: would a trucker when at home, tolerate such behavior from his guests???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.