TQL Blacklisted me

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by afterburn25, Oct 26, 2016.

1. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Had you done business with them previously?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    All the time is a pretty big stretch. You're talking about more routine lies that involved stuff like detention money. This is the carrier straight up not getting paid for the load, which is pretty out there stuff. Happens probably almost never.

Mark my words this case had 'big organizational #### up' written all over it. The customer paid some fraudster for hauling the load and then told TQL that the carrier didn't haul it. To avoid having his customer shut down by management the broker starts lying about the load ever having been run. If it gets proven that's what happened he won't be employed anymore. Not because TQL is super happy time funland good people, but because brokers who tell these kinds of lies are insanely risky and TQL likes money.

Hopefully this is the same situation I'm remembering. Something about them saying he never ran the load and refusing to pay. If I'm wrong about that oh well, I did say I was lazy in that other thread.

EDIT: This is the kind of risk you run dealing with any big organization. Your experience will be perfectly in line with the person you are dealing with. Unfortunately that organization has 2000+ people working for it, which means that your experience may vary quite a lot. I generally never hear anything bad about CH Robinson but I 100% guarantee something like this has happened to them before as well. Not because they are a bad company, but because the larger you get the harder it becomes to do quality control in real time. Unfortunately a lot of the time you don't find out how much someone sucks until they go and do something really out there like this.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  4. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    "super happy time funland good people..." Thanks man, I have coffee on my monitor now.

izifaddag Thanks this.
  5. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    My name is Tom and I have been TQL free for 4 years now

izifaddag, gokiddogo and PPDCT Thank this.
  6. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Hi Tom, and welcome!

izifaddag and gokiddogo Thank this.
  7. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    All you have said is true however I am not hiding. I am not willing to withdraw anything I have said. They don't scare me or make me wish to 'amend' my opinion. In fact it makes me want to bad mouth them some more.
    I do not like bullies and TQL are the dictionary definition of a bully.
    As for them finding out about me, again you are right about privacy. I really don't care though. My name - izifaddag - is all over the internet. On Google I use my real name.
    No the thing I am a bit miffed about is if any of the entities I mentioned have either handed over my information or worse still sold it.
    If the big bad wolf had to dig for my info then I am glad I caused them some trouble, in other words it wasn't a piece of cake getting my phone number.
    As I say though at the end of the day it doesn't matter, I will never accept one of their loads. I think the database stuff was bs.

p608 Thanks this.
  8. izifaddag

Apr 26, 2010
    Stopped doing business with them in 2015 when my authority went phut.

9. izifaddag

Apr 26, 2010
    Yes boredsocial that would definitely be TQLs MO

10. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Did you reactivate on the same MC? Might be that some enterprising busy body was going through their old carrier list and ran you in Carrier 411 or something similar, though your original proposed hypothesis wouldn't surprise me, either.

11. izifaddag

Apr 26, 2010
    Going through some pain with CH Robinson for a bout a week now. Exactly as you have characterized it. Big company, left doesn't know what right is doing. 'policy' 'system'. I am caught in the middle. Difference with CH is I am completely confident that nobody is trying to cheat me and that I will definitely get paid in the end. It is just the big organization syndrome. I'm cool.
    I'll say this for TQL I always got paid. It was through a factor but I always got paid. They just lied about everything

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.