TQL is playing nasty

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Eska, Apr 21, 2017.

1. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    The first part is rate confirmation with just cities and and rate. The second file is companies names and addresses.

Asymptote and TallJoe Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    TQL contacted me here and asked for what happened, they said they will investigate. Its been a while and i didnt hear back from them.
    I look at this as a lesson learned. Doesnt matter what brokerage company it is, always ask for the 2nd sheet with the company names and addresess for the out load regardless of their policy. If can not match that demand, then we dont have an agreement. And i want to thank everybody who shared their experiences and knowladges, learned a lot from you guys.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Next time you deal with them give them a big fat rate and then promise you will do the next load for cheap...
    Trust works both ways..

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I don't do carrier packets unless it's after normal business hours. I let our office do that. But no. We don't have a rates circular on file with them but I wish we did. I usually just book loads and take the risk associated with letting it slide hammering out details on TONU or detention.

And sometimes when there is detention on a load it always sucks. I try to avoid booking loads from places that are known time wasters so for the most part I avoid issues like that. If it's a load from a known BS kind of time wasting shipper and they, or any other broker for that matter, are in a bind I will press them for good terms on that just in case.

And there was a time I would reject booking any Amazon loads out of Chattanooga, TN without them agreeing to a $300 TONU because I'd had several cancel on me there. Passed up on some good rates because if that, they wouldn't agree to it. Also booked some. Never did end up collecting it on one. Still leary of booking anything from there tho.

Mattflat362 and Scott72 Thank this.
  6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    It's been years since I did any work for TQL.When Rollin mentioned a dispatch sheet think I do remember they would also send what they called a dispatch sheet after rate confirmation was sent.

7. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    TQL gave us our very first load. We picked up on time, delivered on time and stayed in contact while the load was on our Flatbed. They call about once a week. We have never had a problem with them.

8. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    They send a Driver/Carrier Information Sheet.
    It usually has driver instructions, addresses and contact info.

9. kimathi wa kimathi

kimathi wa kimathi Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2019
    I carried a load for TQL from Bridgeville, DE to Bedford, PA on the 7/27/2019 but this douchebag broker (Javid Melgozaperez-Transportation Manager) has refused to pay me my 1K. He has been ducking my calls for three weeks. When I finally got a hold of him, he plays dumb.... Anytime I see tql loads I just remember they haven't paid me yet, so why should I carry another one and go through the same BS again. I contacted carrier relation and hoped they could help me get paid.....
    Unfortunately their carrier relations is as useless as their brokers.
    Beware, If you see this number Deleted with that ext. 44970- Don't even bother yourself calling to book a load- they gonna Scam you and your not getting paid.
    TQL is just a bunch of #### thieves and I will never ever carry for them any load. F****
    Such a company doesn't deserve even a single Star
    No wonder this dummies are the part of worst brokerage company
    Worst brokers to work this & best brokers?!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2019
    Reason for edit: Removed phone number. No phone numbers in the open forums, please.
    Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  10. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Kenneth G Oaks is CEO and founder of TQL , with a Net Worth of 980 million that makes Ken the richest person in Cincinnati.

11. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    WTF does that matter? Lots of rich crooks in the world. TQL screwed me this week as well after I skipped running for them for about a year. I won't let it happen again.

Rideandrepair and whoopNride Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.