TQL is playing nasty

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Eska, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Just stating sone facts you got a problem?

Bojpet87 Thanks this.
  2. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Make a claim against their brokerage bond and/or take them to small claims court

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Yeah, I got a problem.....with TQL. They suck. It sounded like you are in favor of that douche.

Rideandrepair, Tall Mike and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Right now their primary goal is to move as much freight below the spot market rate as possible. Their reps are calling me daily to move loads they couldn't get covered, and they always want me for the day they call. I'm thinking of telling them to cancel my agreement just so the stupid calls stop. Coyote is doing the exact same thing. These big brokerages are a real PITA.

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Coyote were calling me 6 - 7 am every day asking, if I needed any help. I blocked their numbers too scared that I would tell them something unprofessional to regret later. I will use them again when the right time comes . They can really pay good when they have to. My ever best run $4k on 900 miles from Chicago to South Carolina was from Coyote. Actually, they were my favorites from Fall of 2017 to Spring 2018. Unfortunately, everything that runs too well has to end one way or another.

6. Machelle

Machelle Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2019
    That's right always get a copy of a brokers bond info and call the bond company the brokers use and tell them you would like to make a claim on unpaid freight charges..of that broker

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I’m trying to decide who the bigger bottom feeder is TQL or CH Robinson ?
    Man I can’t make up my mind both are trash....

exhausted379 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    At least CH has actual loads, and are upfront about rate. TQL will sell you short, waste your time, and apparently now, not pay. I quit doing bussiness with them, back when times were bad. They turned Ugly. Take it or leave it. I leave it. I swear, I wouldn’t book a Load with them, no matter what the rate. Bunch of lying thieves over there.

TallJoe and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I can't say they did me any harm yet but I believe you. You are not the first one saying these things here . That's why whenever I call them it is like a dog trying to catch a hedgehog.
    As far as CHR, I've never really accomplished more than mediocre rates with them. I don't know why, maybe they marked me as someone who will only haul cheap for them forever. It's rarely that I call them any more. But yes, at least they are honest and won't play any dirty tricks on you.
    Somewhere in between there are Coyotes. Greedy animals but straight.

86scotty, BoyWander and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I have not gotten a call from CHR in probably over a year. TQL calls often, as always. My Coyote rep keeps in touch but I keep getting offered crap rates.

Like TallJoe says, Coyote was paying me well in late 2017-mid 2018 then it fell off a cliff. I no longer receive calls from CHR or XPO. They found cheaper carriers. They don't want good customer service. Unless its cheap. But you get what you pay for. Almost 3 years of being an OO and I think everyone has it in their system now that I dont do garbage freight and Im not cheap. Im not overly expensive either unless its to a location I don't want to go.

On Fridays there is always that one load that they haven't moved that I get offered for cheap early in the day only to be offered over $1000 more in the afternoon.

TQL you just have to be careful. You have to get a good feeling about a load by just looking at postings. For any broker's loads.

No scrap no grocery no hay no produce no garbage no steel no recycle no beer no beverages period and absolutely NO potato chips from Perham, MN.

TQL has played nasty for a long time. Like I said you just have to be careful. Certain types of loads take longer to load or unload. Certain cities take longer also. Be careful of the commodity and the area you're in.

If i get a call and it feels funny, ill say ill write your number down and let you know.

Whatever you do, though, dont ever lie and dont ever cancel. If you say you're empty, you better be empty. Crooks dont screw around with honest people unless they have to. They rather go after other crooks.

Idk why I typed all this. Maybe I'm just bored.

I called on a TQL load a week and a half ago. I got a decent rate and it was quick easy on quick easy off. Idk how I do it.

I havent had a problem load in a long time.

PPDCT, SL3406 and TallJoe Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.