Tql worst company ever

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Odofaseg, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Odofaseg

Odofaseg Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Tql is so so horrible one of their broker begged me to pick up a load for her in brooklyn i told her the only truck i have avaliable can only load around 7pm. She said ot was ok . My driver got loaded and headed to his drop which had an appointment of 4am which i told the broker was not going to be possible because the load will pick up late she agreed to it. So idid the load. 2 weeks later i got a claims letter from tql about late pick up and delivery. I have done more than 500 loada for them in the past year and they are always looking for way to take money out ofyour pocket think twice b4 hauling for them

6wheeler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    500 tql loads and you've only been rooked once? You had a good run

4. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Seriously though... You've done 500 loads with them and you were dumb enough to take responsibility for the load knowing it was picking up late? With some companies you make sure your i's are dotted and your t's are crossed. I am this way with basically any Mega carrier+ lots of older companies that seem a little too slick. Not having a 'I do business with you but I don't trust you...' box to put people in is a huge flaw in your thought process.

The bigger they are the more legalistically you need to think. This applies to everything always in all places.

Mattflat362, gentran and whoopNride Thank this.
  5. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I haven't had a single problem with TQL thus far. Well, perhaps a small one. I asked a broker to cancel a load that I would be unable to pick up. He told me he can't cancel the load. I laughed. He later emailed me and told me don't ever call him again. So, I haven't. However, I have called his associate and gotten loads. They rarely turn away a bird in the hand. Good paying loads too. Not always, but more often than not.

6. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah that was just a early 20 something throwing a hissy fit. One fallout isn't enough to blacklist someone. I'm sure they wrote a nasty note in your file... Which I'm sure made them feel a little bit better. That's about all it did provided you do a lot of good work for them.

BoyWander, swaggerjacker and PPDCT Thank this.
  7. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    One HAS to be the boss of their brokers. If they need to be fired so be it.

TQL has sooooooooo many and 99% have been great for me. Firing one of them is no big deal at all....and that one should be fired for sure unless SHE resloves it for you with zero effort on your part.

8. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    And make sure you write it down!! Sooooo many and I would hate to accidentally run for a bad broker again. My current S-list...lol. 20170817_092705.jpg

whoopNride Thanks this.
  9. swaggerjacker

Nov 20, 2016
    Exactly. I pull a lot of loads for TQL, and every drop has been clean.

10. swaggerjacker

Nov 20, 2016
    Tonight is a perfect example. I picked up a TQL load in NJ yesterday. Was headed to TX with it. Wife calls and said turn around and bring it back (I'd already gone 450 miles). Apparently, the pipe wasn't quite ready to ship. TQL apologized and said (in an email) that they would double the rate because we had to return the pipe. No worries.

11. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    I assume you pull a flatbed? It is flatbed season, they need you. Check back in this winter when it bottoms out and they don't need you. They will throw you under the bus.

Not wishing you any bad luck, don't get me wrong. I hope you continue to have success with them. But, I pulled flats for many years, brokers are your best friend during the summer, they forget your name in winter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.