Tractor First, Right?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by HandLogger, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HandLogger

HandLogger Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2017
    The Berkshires
    Well, I recall spending a blurry evening in Colorado, drinking with a Fosters-toting member of the Ozzie Air Force. Perhaps I should look him up (LMAO)...

Oxbow and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Ozzie's in a bar are like Bigfoot. They always look blurry.

Oxbow, cnsper and HandLogger Thank this.
  4. HandLogger

Feb 15, 2017
    The Berkshires
    As forestland owners, my wife and I often discuss the squatch reports I've been hearing since I was about 8 years old...and, yes, blurry photo evidence is mandatory. Good one, @Lepton1 ! (LoL)

5. LoudOne

LoudOne Medium Load Member

That's only because you guys can't keep up with us AUSSIES.... Ozzie's are ostriches lol

fargonaz, Oxbow and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. LoudOne

On aside note what you guys get here as fosters. Taste nothing like what they sell at home. No self respecting Australian will drink that crap they serve in aus. But I tried it here. Not even close. It's actually drinkable lol

fargonaz, stwik, Oxbow and 3 others Thank this.
  7. HandLogger

Feb 15, 2017
    The Berkshires
    Well, the Aussie fella I mentioned earlier would certainly agree, @LoudOne , because he drank that Colorado Fosters like he was never going to see it again!

Oxbow, cnsper, passingthru69 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. LoudOne

That being said if it's alcoholic once we have had 3 or 4 we will drink almost anything alcoholic lol

Lepton1, Oxbow, cnsper and 2 others Thank this.
  9. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Did you ever get into a tractor?

Im from western mass originally.. Im curious if youre hull, bannish, lashway or cowls lumber. Feel free not to answer if you dont want to.

To keep a truck running out there, youre gonna want to know about fleetpride and napa HD in agawam, betterbilt transmission (trevor is a great guy) on rocus street in springfield, hale trailer in springfield, RCS diesel service in ludlow, RH scales and petes tire barn in springfield (off cottage st) and advantage tire on rt 20 in palmer, theyre by far the cheapest. camerota truck parts on moody road in enfield CT. Tri-state kenworth is in enfield also. Theres a sizeable truck driveline shop on RT13 in lunenburg mass though i have never done business with or worked for them, cant recall the name offhand. One word of caution, the driveshaft guy at fleetpride is a tweaker always trying to arrange a scam for payment out in the parking lot.. Maybe different guy by now.. I think it was joey or johnny, something like that. Camerota has a top notch driveline shop.

Best of luck bud

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  10. HandLogger

Feb 15, 2017
    The Berkshires
    No, sir, we haven't. We are, however, presently looking very seriously at a '91 KW T600 with a 3406B. It doesn't have all the characteristics discussed in this thread, but It's very clean, the price is right...and, most importantly, it's mechanical.

Although I will certainly defer to the experts, it does start right up, is smoke free and sounds like a very well-maintained CAT should...or at least like the well-maintained CAT heavy equipment I've spent many a year around.

The serial number on the block is 3ZJ01789, so if any of the many friends I've made on this thread would care to comment, I'd, as ever, be most grateful for your time.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

P&S Truck parts, or Rydemore. Both have websites with parts search capability as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.