Tractor Trailer OOS List

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by farmerjohn64, Jul 14, 2020.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Yep, it's always the 'little things.' I'm picky AF with the trailers I pick up, loaded or non. Yep. Being a 'daycab' (night) driver, I thoroughly pre and post trip, and if something on the tractor is NOT right, I red tag it, DVIR it, and it's fixed by the a.m. mechanic by the time I roll out. I've got too many years in the books w/this career to let a 'little' misnomer... trip me up.

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Appreciate the answer(s)

4. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
  5. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    Idk maybe riding on a giant dildo or something would be distracting lol basically what you would have sitting on the frame like a midget

MGE Dawn Thanks this.
  6. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Maybe... every reg exists because somebody ####ed it up, so I guess I'm just curious as to what the story on this one is

7. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    You guys must be a rare breed. In the years of driving that I have, the number of drivers I've seen getting out and doing ANY kind of pretrip, even just to check the kingpin to make sure nobody pulled their lever, could be held up on one hand. And that includes thousands of different truck stops around the country.

I think a lot of you guys talk the talk but I sure the hell don't see many of you walking the walk.

8. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Let's put it this way... if someone doesn't care enough about their job to do it right, why would they bother joining a forum dedicated to said job? Window lickers be the epitome of peak laziness, and unfortunately there's a couple hundred of them for every one of us who give a ####

D.Tibbitt and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  9. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    If I wouldn’t have done a pre trip on the two empty’s I was sent to pick up today at the terminal I would’ve rolled off with a flat tire on the first one, or a broken crossmember on the second and only god knows what else because I didn’t have to finish either one to keep looking for a good one

D.Tibbitt and MGE Dawn Thank this.
  10. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Yeah, that'll do it. ESPECIALLY at Western. I have to laugh at the number of times I got rental trailers during my time there because I kept rejecting and red tagging trailer after trailer :rolleyes:

D.Tibbitt and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  11. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    Hell I missed pickup today because of all that, must be nice being an idiot lol

D.Tibbitt and MGE Dawn Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.