Tradition Transportation

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by HardwareHyena, May 16, 2020.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Have they not allowed split sleeper the whole time you've been there. If so , why has it become a problem now and not before.

Or did it start after the new hos split sleeper rule went into effect? If that's the case have you talked to your safety department? The ELDs defaulted to split sleeper not allowed with the update.

Safety has to update your ELD to allow it. And office people being office people won't scratch until they feel an itch. My safety department didn't even know it wasn't enabled until I called them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HardwareHyena

HardwareHyena Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
    Believe it started after fed allowed the 3/ 7/ 3 ?
    That takes about the last of the freedom away and enjoyment of driving....(pause)... When you want. Back to line haul and a set dedicated run as long as it pays decent and full medical, no wonder they can't get drivers in the intrastate these days.
    Added note: if they allowed it at certain times it would be a no go for me, because then as long as they get the luxury when they need it , no way. No thank you.

4. HardwareHyena

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
    Why call us in to watch a video on the bs just to disallow it later in the year and for the future?! Office butts need work maybe? Again, not my interest. In an industry where it's all about me and noone gives a hoot about anyone else don't expect it in return anywhere else from the driver. No way. Happy New Years Eve driver.

5. HardwareHyena

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
    Still here though- 02/19/21

stillwurkin and baha Thank this.
  6. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Hang in there. To persevere is the sign of great character.

HardwareHyena Thanks this.
  7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Though in this chap's case, perhaps its just another feather in his insanity cap.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  8. HardwareHyena

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
    Method in madness. Whether a straw house or mud, CSVA will whip wind at our homes and take em down anyway. It's gotten to point where we will all shut down and if you don't you gonna be crossing s picket line sort of scenario. This bozo in now that computers put in office is making it worse.

9. MrRankin

MrRankin Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Road Legends even worse

10. HardwareHyena

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
    Happy I'm with who I'm driving for now and thats no raw onions. Owners have 2 trucks, they pay for all fuel, and repairs and you get 30% of the load, etc. Loads on choice, no forced dispatch, and much more...
    Must be self starter in OTR , not a tumble weed but close...have over 15 20 yrs exp. And contact the hardware pm..

11. Toddf250

Toddf250 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2022
    No he ment per week

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.