Trailer interior surveillance cameras.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TallJoe, Jan 4, 2018.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Has anyone of you mounted them, if so, how do they do their job? Are they wireless? I thought for a moment of adopting those I see in Costco. I fancy the idea, because I hate to sneak in SLC all the time on a BOL and even so I still worry about the seal intact and such. Those cameras, I think, could help in difficult situation such as shortages, damages, and ....of course thefts. Especially, it would be helpful in the reefer world, when they often would not allow SLC on BOL and you can't possibly stand attentively for so many hours at their dock when they load you. Also, at the receiver,, it could be used to record the numbers of skids/pallets/cases that are offloaded and how the receivers handle them before they want you to sign a damage report. I hate to spy, but if this is inexpensive and easy to do, it might be helpful in protecting your butt against claims.

ReeferRick and driverdriver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I wouldn't consider it spying and if I had my own trlr I would have a camera in it before the first load.lol

I hate that crap when a reciever damages product when unloading and claims it came like that , then it goes back on your truck and you wait for who knows how long for an ok to dump it or get told to take it to xyz for donation.
    And yes it could save you a huge claim when the reciever dumps a whole pallet in the trlr and trys to put on you as a failure to secure.

trucking.shine and TallJoe Thank this.
  4. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    It is a great way to keep track of the product, you still need to pulp the pallets, with a temp recorder and bar code reading w/count weight. The frost might create a problem but you could record damage done to your trailers innards.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You can record the thief walking in sitting down and taking a pot of gold and walking out.

Until you know who that this thief is, documented the loss of that gold and so forth so on.. He's going to get away scott free. All the cameras in the world do not stop crime. It actually I think makes for you tube material to be passed around by thuggies.

There was a recent article where a postal truck was robbed at 50mph and it had a camera in the box back there that captured everything.

It still got robbed. Back to old fashioned police work.

6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I don't want them to tell me that they loaded 17 rolls of paper instead of 15. Or that a pallet with some squashed bottom boxes wasn't like that before they loaded it. Or a missing seal means that the cargo was tampered with - that's a good one - showing that doors were never opened during transit. Theft prevention is only afterthought.

trucking.shine and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Could be like the Wal-Mart DC on a High Value load... put the seal on the left door....

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  8. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Seals only track when door is opened properly, always more than one way to open a door.Cameras could be small and well placed to watch for damage,if you set it up right loader would drive designated route so temps and as much view of pallet as possible, you could just sit back in the sleeper and watch as they take them hours to load a produce load. Technology used correctly could be a good tool.

9. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    The knowledge that there is a camera watching can serve as a deterrent.

ReeferRick Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.