Trailer prices

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by honesttruth, Sep 22, 2021.

1. honesttruth

honesttruth Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Hi, I’m a new o/o renting a dry van for some time now. I was planning on buying my own due to having to pay for things that break on this one and plus the rent. I’ve been looking for awhile and the prices are insane. But I have noticed that the reefer trailers are reasonable if you want to consider what prices are going for now. Plus I noticed they pay more for shorter runs. I was wondering if I bought a reefer trailer could I also run dry runs with it to if a good load came up. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harold6091

harold6091 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2018
    some dry loads not all. reefer pays more but get yourself a 2014 + trailer in really good shape. if not , it will be a nightmare

77fib77 Thanks this.
  4. Wickedchicken

Wickedchicken Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2020
    i dont know about reefer. just another unit you have to keep up the maintenance and if it breaks down while your on the road you have to drive to a dealer which could be hundreds of miles away. Plus you have to fuel up the reefer every time, and it costs double if not more than a dry van. Then there are those anal customers that are nit picky about temperature. heck i had one customer demand i go to a carrier dealer and get a print out report for the temps during the haul and scan an email it to them. Its totally crazy. ..and when you analyze the boards the reefer loads rates are not too far off from dry van rates and thats why you are able to find reefer units available because its not as in high demand as the dry vans are. oh and did i mention how noisy they are at night time? lol. welcome to trucking

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.