Trained at Swift ~ Now my DAC is Messed Up

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MichaelVGrigsby, Aug 1, 2007.

1. White Line

White Line Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Lexington KY
    What does DAC stand for and what is USIS?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bbmyls2go

bbmyls2go Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    DAC is like a credit reporting agency except it is an employment information agency. When you leave a company they will report your driver history to DAC in something called a DAC report, that your next potential employer will have access to. DAC is now called USIS (US Information Services, I presume) but we all still refer to it simply as DAC. Like your credit report, you may find yourself wanting to check your own DAC report during your career to ensure that a previous employer didn't blackball you with bad information. There are means to make challenges to incorrect information but it is a tough battle to fight.

4. knighted

knighted Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2007
    LA
    I just got out of orientation with this sham company. I saw two other people who got trashed while in orientation, they almost got me.

The problem you are having is that DAC, and other companies, are looking at the accident in the light is that "you made a bad decision." You were tired, took control of the truck, and bumped another truck. Anyway you look at it DAC and other companies will look at it like that.

You may be able to get it removed but it's going to be a long hard fight. Best of luck to you, hope you find a company that will work for you.

5. Mklangelo

Mklangelo Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Just a quick thought... In the English language, we only capitalize the first word in a sentence and any proper nouns/names. Just a quick tip.

6. Javve

Javve Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Cherokee, IA
    I went to a Schneider training only to get sent back home due to the pre-employment screening. They say my heart rate got above safe limits. They take your max heart rate for your age and then you are not allowed to get above 90 percent of your max heart rate. When I went it was brand new so no information was on their website. Now it is on their website.

I went to apply for another company and found I could not go through their school because I had been to a school before. I would have to pay for a school then I could get hired. This was FFE by the way. My Dad works for Schneider, and got in contact with someone in the regulatory department. She was concerned because they are not allowed to report (as a company) information about students to the DAC. It showed that I failed the school when in fact I did not even start the class. We lost half the people the first day, then they removed the first step of the pre-employment screening where they lost most people.

Here is the kicker, it was Physiotherapy Associates, and they used a finger heart rate monitor, that was portable and battery powered. The one person that was taking me through the screening, had a heard time to get the monitor to read on my finger, it had to be at an angle. Thus high possibility for inaccuracy. They were not calibrated, and no calibration sticker or identifer for a master report was on the units. I was a calibrator in the military so I watch for these things.

For people in the future, if they are to use the meter, tell them you want them to monitor your pulse the old fashioned way, otherwise prove the accuracy of the monitor.

Okay a little off topic but for the part about the DAC, many people do not know it exists until it hinders them from another job. Find the right people to talk to within the company where the report was made from, and you may get further than just talking to anyone within the company. I will be ordering a report for myself, and see if it is indeed off my report. If this needs to also be posted in a different forum, please direct me which thread to post it under via PM.

7. drfuller18

drfuller18 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Al
    Your one of thousands and tousands of people to have a problem with DAC..There are ways to effectively remove false statement against you..Probably some others here on this site have or know someone who was in this type situation... Wouldnt it be nice if there was an Agency to the Federal Gov. we as drivers could just lay down our info. on how they do!! That would effect them like it does us...If we could I believe theyd start getting right about what they report to DAC..:biggrin_2559:

8. Javve

Javve Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Cherokee, IA
    You would think a federal program would be monitored more closely, and with all the complaints people have there are definitally enough that it should get noticed. You quoted my post before I had time to fix my simple spelling error lol.

I agree, there should be a centralized place we can report mistakes and they are seriously looked into.

9. drfuller18

drfuller18 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Al
    Spelling doesnt really count as long as we can piece it together..:yes2557:

10. truckin916

truckin916 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    That is not true. I went thought Schneiders orientation LAST YEAR and it was clearly on their website, even back in September AND they told me I'd be doing it before I showed up. To say it wasn't on the website then magically appeared later is BS.

11. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Probably not nice to accuse somebody of "BS" when you weren't there. It's possible it wasn't, and it's possible that it was and was just missed. Either way, perhaps being a bit nicer would be in order? :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.