trainee falls asleep and kills himself and trainer Laredo,TX Summer 2010??

Discussion in 'PAM' started by BigDfromTX, Dec 23, 2010.

1. BigDfromTX

BigDfromTX Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    TX
    does anyone know the details of this report? one PAM driver tells me they drove off a cliff in TX, said #### happens! hear the trainer survived shortly after the accident but didn't make it in the intensive care unit. All I know is for quite some time I kept seeing this burned up tractor in the PAM Laredo yard, and can't mention how many busted open trailers I saw for instance at the central transport yard in Charlotte, NC probably due to low clearance accidents. give me some feedback if you have any legitimate info on the smashed and burned up tractor in Laredo, TX over the summer of this year. appreciate it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    find a friend that has the internet,

they can search it for you !!!

walstib Thanks this.
  4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  5. onthefence

onthefence Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY

Seriously? I have found Google to be absolutely useless most of the time. He wants to hear the information from someone who knows the story. I doubt a search would provide any usefull information.

UPDATE: used useless Google. 4 pages in and nothing relavent.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
    simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  6. RubenAlonzo

RubenAlonzo Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Laredo, TX
    Hi there, I live in Laredo, no cliffs here at all, and never heard of it in the news or the paper. Been here all my life.

7. onthefence

onthefence Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rensselaer, NY
    Interesting, I live in NY and know nothing about the area, but I didn't think there wer cliffs there either. Urban legend or outright lie?

8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    There's a few hills but no sharp drop offs. I pick up on the east side and you have to drive down a 30 foot embankment to get to the customer there off the loop. Laredo is the end of the world. How do you fall asleep there? He must of just arrived and had a few miles to go.

BigD can't find anything but seems like you have all the pertinent info. Asking someone on the yard is your best bet.

I found a website with local wrecks going back to the summer but no PAM trucks. Use the drop down menu to find 18 wheeler accidents.

http://www.cowenlaw.com/news.cfm

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    well, the overpasses there are pretty ###### high, maybe that was the "cliff" ??:biggrin_2554:

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  10. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    It wasn't a trainer truck involved in the accident. From what I heard from pretty reputable sources, it was a husband and wife team. The accident actually occurred in El Paso, not Laredo. The truck was just towed to the Laredo yard. The husband, from what I hear, did pass.

11. BigDfromTX

BigDfromTX Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    TX
    yeah, just towed to Laredo, but somewhere near El Paso. didn't know who was in it but now you confirm 2 people. anyway, it shouldn't be a rumour since PAM drivers get news flashes about their trucks getting stolen, but don't get them regarding dead employees. Even remember getting one about two employees that the president had to fire because of alcohol on the truck and extra details about it following them on their DAC for 3 years. still stupid that they sent that "I had to terminate them" message, but I bet you the safety dept in North Jackson, OH didn't send a message staing that they had to terminate me for 3 unreported accidents that will follow me on my DAC because of an unsatisfactory work history report, or did he? BEitch if i was in an accident wouldnt i have to report to the authorities. The People in North JAckson, OH aint ish.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.