Trainee runs over, kills driver trainer

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Hardlyevr, May 27, 2010.

1. olddog43

olddog43 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    That is bad thats why i dont train drivers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    This is not a trainer issue, its either pure ignorance or stupidity.

First if your working on the brakes on the trailer then you would always keep the tractor brakes engaged and visa versa. Also you always block the wheels as a secondary measure of safety. If you can do both then do not get under the truck or trailer.

Or of course you have the ultimate option of, I'm not driving it send out a mechanic.....

Simply a needless death but certainly his own fault.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I agree. Why would you put a trainee with limited experience at the controls while you are under it. I don't know about you but that's not the brightest solution to their problem.

I've read about another trainer get run over as his trainee backed. He tripped and fell under the path of the tandems. Again, he was standing in the wrong place to give directions. Senseless death.

It's been awhile ago, A student backed back to back with another trailer at a truck stop. Some how the trainer walked between the trailers and the student started backing again until he bumped the other trailer and squoosh!

All these accidents were the trainers fault and could of been prevented. It takes a special driver to be a trainer. Too many wannabe's are filling the shoes and bad things are happening.

5. UFO

UFO Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2006
    lebanon in
    sorry for the family loss.

werner........... 'nuff said.

6. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    this reminds me, last week i was at the target DC in indianapolis

i saw a werner trainee backing in, he wasnt very good...anyway he had about 3-4 feet in front of him to the trailers sitting in the yard...his "trainer" gets out, stands in front of the truck and is motioning for this guy to pull up, which could of potentially crushed this trainer

it was scary to cuz this guy kept dumping the clutch, the whole truck was rocking, it was a terrible accident waiting to happen

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.