Trainer for US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by vinsanity, May 5, 2013.

1. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida

Probably. It doesn't make much sense to have all team drivers when a lot of the NE is short hops. Teams would be complaining about that all the time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Update: Dropped my last student off at Tunnel Hill then headed home. She passed with flying colors.

Right now I'm laying around recuperating from some dental work. Set to hit the road tomorrow night. They already have a student lined up for me. Yet another female. Apparently I don't get complaints...lol. My last student's friend ended up quitting during training. Her trainer just hopped back in the sleeper and went to sleep. Anytime she asked a question he told her to just figure it out. This is a brand new student, mind you. I hope USX fires those kind of trainers from training.

I will have some numbers for the last student after I get back to the truck.

harlycharly55, Wedge and NoCoCraig Thank this.
  4. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Tell them to call the corporate office and ask for Darlene Crabtree. She is below Lisa Pate who is the head of training. When I had my problem with my first trainer I sent a letter to the company. Lisa and Mrs . Crabtree helped me get an awesome trainer.

Vinsanity, thanks for not letting this go. USX needs more trainers like you !

vinsanity, NoCoCraig and harlycharly55 Thank this.
  5. briarhopper

briarhopper Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Frankfort, KY
    I went to US Xpress's website yesterday and did the little chat box thing with "Janis." I was asking about pay but she did what looked like a cut-and-paste and before it got into all that - at the top was what looked like a notice of policy change that said, well, here's my own cut and paste:

Student Team Up Program

• Effective for drivers starting orientation on January 14, 2013 or later. Student drivers who live in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana will no longer have to team up after training.However, they will be required to complete a 150 hour training program, as opposed to a 120 hours of training for the drivers who are required to team up. Drivers who live within a 100 mile radius of Chicago, 75 mile radius of St Louis, 50 mile radius of Memphis, and 75 mile radius of Kansas City will also be included in the group that will no longer be required to team after training.

Janis even sent a transcript of the chat to my email address after all was said and done. Thought that was pretty neat.

vinsanity Thanks this.
  6. Krashdragon

Krashdragon Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Cleburne, Tx
    So... if I apply, and I live in Texas, I'd have to student team after training for 120 hours?

Oh... how long is teaming? Thinking that sending two don't know very much drivers over the road together might not end very well....
    thanks
    mary

7. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    That teaming period is for 8 weeks.

My thoughts on it is two heads are better than one. Maybe two drivers who don't know much together equal close to one driver who knows something.

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  8. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Numbers for last student:

First 3 days- 27 hours, 1501 miles.
    Second week (first full week)- 45.25 hours, 2400 miles. That included a 34 hr reset during which I drove.
    Third week- 59.25 hours, 3296 miles. Included some teaming.
    Last day- 10 hours, 513 miles.

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  9. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Sad to say my current student is not having a very good training experience.

First off, they sent her to Ellenwood too early. Then they sent me in the wrong direction.. They did manage to find me a repower to get me to Atlanta. She had to wait two days for me to get there.

Then we were off to a running start. Delivered that load in Duluth and picked up a pre-plan. Got another pre-plan on top of it. I assured her they keep me running...

So we are headed up to Statesville, NC from Forest Park, Ga. Stopped to fuel in Blacksburg, SC. Leave out of the J and are sitting at the light to get on the entrance ramp when...she starts to take off and BAM!...a very loud jarring noise. She stops and the light turns red. Goes to take off again and it's just making a horrible grinding sound and not moving.

We finally get towed out of there after being threatened several time by a SC State Highway Patrol who apparently wasn't happy he had to get out of his car to direct traffic.

So now we are sitting at what passes for a terminal in Duncan, SC. They only have one tech and there are still 3 trucks ahead of me and no USX truck I can move into. Looks like they won't get to me until Monday morning. It's either a broken axle or the differential is shot.

So far my student only has 5 hours of driving time in. Oh yeah...and the ProTread videos can't be accessed from my Driver Tech for some reason so she can't even use the time to do that.

10. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    No offence to you boss trainer. If I was her
    I would have got another trainer.

11. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    No, you would have gone home and waited forever for a new trainer...LOL

I have to give her credit, she's a trooper. We are still waiting for that thing to get fixed. She has been on the hotel computer knocking out her videos. She hasn't whined one time. She just takes it in stride like a good trucker.

NoCoCraig Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.