Trainer for US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by vinsanity, May 5, 2013.

1. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    I should be out of the training game by December. I'm switching back to teams with a friend...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BMenagerieFarms

BMenagerieFarms Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Hey Vin, do you know how they would work out the trainer for a trainee from the Northeast? Would I have to go to where ever the trainer is? How many hours does a trainee need before getting own truck?

4. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Your terminal would be in Shippensburg, PA. After orientation they would either have a trainer meet you there, bus you to a trainer or send you home until a trainer is available.

You will need 150 hours of driving time, which is about 3 weeks. Then you get your own truck after you upgrade.

5. BMenagerieFarms

BMenagerieFarms Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Hi Vin, thanks for responding. How long have you been with them? They are one of my top three choices. I am also looking at doing some training for them after some time on the road. Are you happy with how you are treated?

6. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Decided to go ahead and take on a new trainee since my friend has run into yet another delay.

Picked this one up in THL on my way to Kansas City. Yesterday we got to Illinois and ran into some snow. The wipers were icing up and the road was looking bad so I had him pull over on an exit to clean the wipers and switch drivers. Got back on the road and it was cleared off from the exit on...lol. A few nore miles and the road was high and dry again.

I went ahead and finished out the shift. We stopped at the TA in Forestell, MO to catch the second half of a very disappointing Super Bowl.

Now headed to KC. Will be getting there a little early for our 1300 appt then end up at the J.

TruckDuo and Wedge Thank this.
  7. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    This current student drove 53.5 hours and 2610 miles his first week. I drove a couple hours here and there to make up for lost time. Today he is at 72 btw hours.This one has a little bit of attitude. He did some ltl work back in the 80's so he thought he knew it all. After getting us almost stuck twice he is learning to listen to me.Currently we are waiting in Ruthers Glen for a repower. We were heading to Miami but they want me in Tunnel Hill for some DoY stuff. That is why I am getting a new truck.Unfortunately we are going to Tunnel Hill by way of Atlanta. Will have to play it by ear. At this point I don't expect to make the 0900 delivery time tomorrow. I hear Atl is a wasteland right now.

Wedge and TruckDuo Thank this.
  8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Message just came thru the DriverTech that Ceva Atlanta is shut down & to call dispatch to find out what they want drivers to do.

Good luck Vinsanity with the ATL.

Congrats again for being the best of the best !

9. vinsanity

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Thanks for the heads up TruckDuo.I just want to get this stuff out of the way so I can get back to just working.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. woodro662

woodro662 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    gary ind
    Visanity or truck duo im new to us is it true as of the 14th of January we no longer have to team for 8 weeks after upgrade ? The only reason i ask is that i don't want to run for .16cents per mile i do wanna run teams after upgrade just wanna make sure i will get my .24 cause i have my x endorsment .. also is it possible to get a dedicated route after upgrade

11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    not sure about the 8 week part as I don't keep up with it but as to the .24 part you will only get that if BOTH of you have has-mat, X is better because some loads count as tanker....
    dedicated can happen BUT not to EZ for new drivers to get on (don't have a track record of del ONTIME behind you).... also some dedicated REQUIER a pay cut...? if you really want on one try and try and try to get on FedEx... long fast runs with a lot of turn and burn.... we did it for 2 years on a run the usx didn't think could be done with a 65mph truck....we would kill out hours (team) in 6 days

woodro662 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.