Trainer illegally using hours

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LostInSpace, Jun 11, 2011.

1. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Well, maybe. I've yet to get any that fancy official training, other than like one day of how to secure loads on a flatbed.

LostInSpace Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Exactly... look what happened with you.

:biggrin_25523:

4. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Washington
    Thanks lostNfound! I didn't mean to sound defensive, I just notice with long threads, sometimes posters miss a detail and wanted to make sure the whole picture was plain to see. I appreciate these last comments and will discuss with him as they are extremely important. He could have been stopped anytime during that 4 or 5 days he was out with this trainer and gotten in big trouble then. Sounds like he was being setup by the whole system at this place! But then I'm always paranoid :)

Now the trainer did not weight the loads and had him drive this one very difficult route specifically to avoid scales (we deduced this later after he got home and we talked about his day). He didn't want to believe me when I started to get suspicious, he is trusting. Now he believes me.

Also, unrelated question, recently one of the teacher guys (not a trainer) took him out on the road for a few hours and was totally contradicting stuff other teachers guys told him and also was blocking his view of the rear view mirror (?) and the yelled at him for not seeing something he couldn't see because his view of that mirror was blocked by this guy's hand. He was trying to be respectful and polite, should he have just told the guy to be quiet so he could concentrate on that maneuver and get his hand out of the way? That's his normal reaction (brusque) but he's been controlling himself to be polite to these people, LOL!

Anyway, thanks again LNF and yes I do appreciate all the excellent advice I am getting here from everyone (it's good to know meth-heads are out there on the road too, LOL!)

5. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Many times I had the instructor at school, then my trainer tell me to turn right-ahead and pointing. But the pointing was blocking my main right mirror!!!

I had to tell both of them to stop doing that.

Mikeeee

LostInSpace Thanks this.
  6. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Washington
    Thanks Mikeee - will pass it on. He's being too nice :biggrin_2559:

Another thought LNF, he shouldn't report this trainer then because he is really just as much at fault then because he should have known to log every time his status changed, I am probably confusing facts now because he may have seen him do that and just not known he (trainer) was putting in wrong info. I will talk to him about it. Bleh. What a pain, they were trying to set him up. They don't want him, it's clear, so he's outta there! We'll see what happens tomorrow. I wonder why these companies hire guys to come to orientation when they don't even have their act together enough to have something for them to do when they finish orientation. To me it sounds like some kind of deal with the gubmint to get guys off unemployment so they can't go back on because they are getting a few pennies.

Now I wonder if the driver shortage is just propaganda too. And if it is, maybe that will be used as an excuse to 'import' drivers...bleh...why is everything everywhere such BS? Oh well. Anyway, I digress...have to run and take care of stuff for the old man! All he wants to do is drive a truck! It's like a spiritual thing with him, the truck is his religion, he loves it, is so happy to be doing this, too bad we picked a lemon company to get started with. Live and learn, I guess....Bleh!

duston Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.