trainer question ??????

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Nov 8, 2013.

1. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Ok so I had talked to my trainer today and the conservation started out something to the effect of ; hi I will be your trainer for the next 35 days ( wait wtf 35 days ) so I see where this is going , so he allready is keeping my one week longer then I actually have to be on the truck . Now I know I need 200 hrs or 28 days , so from what it sounds like is these guys can short us hrs so they can keep us there longer , to benifit them ..
    I may have to question this tomorrow to the training dept. Cause if I can finish in the 28 days why the hell should they be allowed to keep me an extra week ...

.Now am I wrong for thinking something is wrong with this picture ????????????

Need some advise on this

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    To be blunt, your attitude is likely wrong.
    How much actual experience do you have, to be able to say, even before training starts, just exactly when you'll be safely ready?

capper17 and pattyj Thank this.
  4. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    So you figure your going to drive over 7 hours per day for 28 days straight without ever being behind a truck steering wheel. Hmmm

5. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Ok so , I get what your saying .. I understand where the both of you are coming from . I do really . But what I am saying is that this guy allready is saying that I will be there for a week over what the training dept allready has in mind how long it takes for a person to be done with there time . Oh and 7 times 35 is over 200. Just sayin
    And as far as my attitude , I don't have one, atleast not a bad one anyway.

I am just trying to get a feel from other people if this sounds right ?

6. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    How many 34 hour resets or layover days will be in there? Maybe it takes 35 days on the truck to get 28 days driving.

I drove refrigerated for two different companies and spent a LOT of Sundays sitting in my truck not moving.

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  7. bigdog4981

bigdog4981 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Plan on the truck going in the shop, days trainer may go home, lay over, waiting 10 hrs on a beef load or produce to be loaded. Tons of variables.

8. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Ok that is something I didn't really take into consideration , tis the reason I am asking the question first .

9. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    I thought about the hometime thing , they told us from day 1 our trainers do not get hometime with a trainee on the truck , so weather that holds true or not guess we will see

10. bigdog4981

bigdog4981 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2013
  11. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Central refrigerated

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.