Trainer Trucks info

Discussion in 'Melton' started by WillieBGoode, Sep 22, 2013.

1. WillieBGoode

WillieBGoode Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hola Amigos

I'm just finishing school with a slated orientation date for Melton set for Mid-October in Tulsa. Quick question, I understand that after 4 days of securement training I will be assigned a trainer for approximately 4 weeks, during that time will the truck be operated as a "Solo" truck or will it be dispatched as a "Team Truck"?

Assuming all goes well and I am assigned to a truck, will I be returning to my actual home first or will I return to Tulsa (or another location) to be assigned a truck?

Thanks in advance for the info. I'm starting to collect my "blue" clothing right now. :biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Solo. The truck is not permitted to move more than 14 hours a day, and each person not driving is required to be in the passenger seat. Not saying it always happens, but that's how they want it.

After you're done training, they could drop you off at any yard that has a truck. Probably be Tulsa, but I've seen students dropped off in Sunnyvale. You will get assigned your truck and get a load, then you can request your home time...depending on how many weeks you were with a trainer, plus 1 for orientation, is how many days you'll have accrued. 4 weeks with trainer means you'll be able to go home for 5 days, but since you'll have to put at least a week out for your request, you'll gain another day at home. :)

Hope that isnt too confusing lol

WillieBGoode Thanks this.
  4. WillieBGoode

Sep 10, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    As Always Noggin, it's spot on and easy to understand. Hope your healing well and enjoying the weather !!

Thanks and I'm itchin to get going.

5. Chiver3816

Chiver3816 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Merica
    Just completed the training week at melton and i was deff impressed how every thing went. Just waiting for a trainer to get out on the road had a chance to check out the equiptment and the trucks are deff nice and have no issues like the other companies out there. I look forward to learning the securement and tarping experience. Hit me up if u want to ask any questions. And noggin was pretty much in the bullseye about melton.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    WillieBGoode Thanks this.
  6. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm in the black about melton? do you mean I know nothing about melton?

7. Chiver3816

Sep 8, 2013
    Merica
    Lol i meant was everything u have said on here about melton is right in the bullseye.

8. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    ok. lol usually "in the black" could be taken as "in the dark" meaning not knowing :p

9. Chiver3816

Sep 8, 2013
    Merica
    Yeah i realized that once i reread the post noggin you deff have good and very correct and spot on info about melton there was no suprises here i just wish i dident have to wait the weekend for a trainer lol.

10. WillieBGoode

Sep 10, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Good Luck Chiver,

I'll be heading to Melton just a few weeks behind you so it's great to hear those sentiments. Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.