trainers at millis?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by RYITO1122334455, Dec 2, 2008.

1. HoundDog55

HoundDog55 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    Keep us posted BillyBR, best of luck to you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BillyBR

BillyBR Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Huron,Ohio
    Well we have been to Wi,to ct.and back to Trenton ,Oh. where we are currently #48 on the list for a load.Freight is EXTREMELY slow.My trainer is really a good guy ,we seem to get along well.That is a big bonus!I've done alot of driving for the first week of training,most of it has been in nasty weather,trainer feels confident with my driving abilities.Nasty ### conditions in Pa. on Mon. night,ice ,high winds,and then back to rain.My #### was puckered pretty tight but I went on and went to bed when we got to kingsville Oh.The only bad thing so far is Millis trains on 13 speeds and we acctually are driving 10's.This sucks!!!!!!!! I did fantastic on 13's no misses,clashes,but man this 10 is trying to kick my you know what!!!!! LOL !! I;m not gonna let that happen though! All and all it has been a good first week I'm due home Fri. the 12th because my trainer goes on vacation until the 29th.Just enough time for me to forget the shifting of this 10 ARGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll be alright though I will post more when it happens.

4. gonnabe

gonnabe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2008
    HAMMOND INDIANA
    Way to go Billly , hope to get accepted by Millis for training today! The recuiter told me it would be for febuary schooling. Keep posting any and everything, as I can use as much info as possible! would appreciate it. have some good home time.

5. HoundDog55

HoundDog55 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the update BillBR. Glad all is going well for you.

6. BillyBR

BillyBR Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Huron,Ohio
    Well it has been since x-mas since I have been in here,have been on the road since New Years Eve with my trainer.I have seen so much and been running hard, we sat for a couple of days in C-ville and then started hittin' it hard,I've played "Ice road trucker,snow road trucker and had the truck side ways once(took 3 days for my trainer to get the seat pried out of my butt) LOL!All and all it's not been bad ,this is for sure not an easy job,but I think it will be ok. This is really not a bad life,my only regret is it does have a strong impact on your home-life.My wife is really struggling with me being gone.(she now knows that I did do something around the house):biggrin_25525:My trainer is an awesome guy,really knows whats up.We have been past my house like 7 times since we've been out but ,have only stopped once because we were out of hours.I called the wife and when we got there she had 24 A B can products cold and a couple big ol' ribeyes ready to cook on the grill(-13) when we got there.Was a nice visit.We got our 34 hr restart and been gone ever since.Today is 01-24-09 and we are in Fairburn Ga. with no load until Mon.Needed the rest though.I took my state test on the 22nd and passed the pre-trip part and failed the skills part,I was on the third and final manuver and parked my ICC bumper a half inch on to the line and she would'nt give it to me(*****)! At least passed the hard part, I guess I should of GOALED!!!!!!!!! I go back on Thurs. to do skills and road test. If I pass, I will run one more load with my trainer and then test out probably in Trenton with Bill.I have purchased everything I need, a 1500 watt Power Inverter that I got on E-bay for 100.00 that Millis said was ok because it alarms at 11.0 and shuts down at 10.6,but I have to let Black River install itBeats 595.00 to buy one from them!KICK BUTT cb peaked and tuned pumpin'45watts(Galaxy DX 949) has x-tra channels in it.Picked it up on E-Bay for 125.00 brand new with the x-tra channels,took it to a radio shop at a Love's and had it worked on,XM sat radio,mini-crock pot for good dinner while driving down the road:biggrin_25525:! I also have my little 15" tv/DVD player and my Direct TV for days like this one.(SITTING) Like I said,my trainer is top knotch and is teaching me the right way of doing this job properly.Sorry I have been rambling on ,just alot of stuff has been happening and I had'nt had time to get on here.I willget back on here more often to update what's up. See Ya!!!!!!

Blufreeze and kmfishing Thank this.
  7. BillyBR

BillyBR Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Huron,Ohio
    I almost forgot,I told ya that I was having trouble with this electronic throttle on this Cascadia,I seem to have kicked it's butt and am shifting it like I've been doing this for a long time!:biggrin_255:

8. swisschris62

swisschris62 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2008
    here, there, everywhere
    whats happening billy
    i am going up to wi. for training on feb 16th
    sounds like your all prepared to go off on your own now
    maybe you could give me a little advice ...
    i was looking around at the different options for going online
    was wondering what you heard was the best service to get
    also these new phones do more then i ever thought a phone would do
    i remember when they started putting cameras in them and i would tell the guy in the storee that all i wanted was a basic phone without all the b.s.
    now they are starting to look pretty cool but man ...which one to get?!i have a navigation program on my laptop by delorme which always worked well for me in the past whereever i went so i dont really care if the phone has nav. or not but some of the other features could come in handy
    i didnt realize that you could get hooked up with direct tv while on the road
    can you still use direct tv if the truck is in motion of only when parked
    glad you got a good trainer...seems real important since your going to be spending a few weeks with that person before you get out on your own
    anyway good luck to you and enjoy your weekend off ( even though it aint at the house)
    chris

9. srick773

srick773 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Augusta, Georgia
    Ok, as far as trainers go most are good at Millis. When you leave orientation they give you a packet with a 2 grade books in it. One for you, and one for your trainer. You grade him on the way he is training you, and one for him for showing how you are progressing. So if he is doing something wrong and he won't change it, then you can put it on the grade sheet and send it in. All grade sheets go in a trip pack at the end of the week and get sent in to company HQ at end of week.

10. BillyBR

BillyBR Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Huron,Ohio
    Well Chris I have ATT/Cingular and it works quite well,however,my trainer and all his posse have Sprint so that they all talk free and unlimited.Both seem to work well as long as your not in BFE !As far as navigation,I am running a bootleg copy of Co-Pilot that talks alot(LOL) but it's very acurate and it runs practical miles. You can get a dish that works while you are driving but I can't see ya watching as your driving :) not to mention they are very expensive,Direct Tv does'nt give you the unit like they give you the dish.I already have service at the house and have an extra dish and box so it only costs me an additional 4.99 a month on my bill.I have an adjustable telescopic pole(handle) that I bought at Home Depot for 12.00 bucks gonna mount it to the grab bar on the back of the cab,whenever I stop,I can raise it and aim it in the proper direction,Wha La,TV. I saw a set up on another Millis truck and talked to the driver he said it works real well.
    Finally got a load at 7:00 am headin for Vernon,Calif. pays 2100 mls.load of glass, Knarley Dudes!!!!! :) I will be glad to answer any questions anybody has if I can,fell free to ask! Hope I helped you out Chris.
    Gonna go for now,gotta put the pedal to the metal and the thing to the floor ...cmon:) later folks, " The Governor" westbound and down,we gone!!!!!(LOL)

dawgfan Thanks this.
  11. BillyBR

BillyBR Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Huron,Ohio
    Dude,ya don't use the Trip Pac,the US Mail is how you send paperwork back.Its the Blue Box with an Eagle on it,not Black and Yellow!:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.