Training at Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by RackEmUp, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    A good trainer at Crete could make 88k. They get paid for their trainees miles on top of their miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RackEmUp

RackEmUp Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Oklahoma
    I'm pretty sure he didn't say he made $88k at Crete...I think he meant with the LTL company he is with now.

4. future trucker man

future trucker man Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    oh yeah , ltl gets paid old d ,fed x , etc etc

5. future trucker man

May 1, 2013
    yeah any company you should be able to get on some deicated account and avg 1k a week just depends on the pay and your truck breakdowns etc and yeah your delv times the home daily runs never pay good crete pays somewhere in the ballpark of 45 cpm , however the home daily only pays .30 its a daily pay $160 per day and 50$ for the half days if they dont have a long run for you thats 12-13hr shifts though

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Most of us already are however it will certainly be of assistance for anyone contemplating training via a trucking company i don't like those contracts so I did my training the hard way paid for my own training and worked my way to the top.

7. future trucker man

May 1, 2013
    it all depends on your student and how crete auth the trainer to run most co wont let do anything but run on duty in that driver seat and some students wont drive over 4 hrs ive seen it so you have to think that sometimes you can run harder by yourself honestly

8. future trucker man

May 1, 2013
    nice ! im not sure what that means you did it without a trucking company but id love to hear in lamons terms

9. RackEmUp

Apr 17, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Yea...I'm confused too. Did you mean you paid for school and then went to a company? Because that is what I did. I didn't sign a contract for school or training. However, with most companies, when you are straight out of school they will send you out with a trainer when you are first hired on. What was your experience or path to greatness, if you will?

10. GeekFink

GeekFink Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Kingsport, TN
    Go get your own schooling. This is how you stay away from getting locked in at a trucking company. Here is my path to greatness (lol)

1) went to a voc college that offered cdl training. It was a 7 week course, i shelled out 1500 bones.

2) hired on with crete out of school. Spent 8 weeks on a truck with a trainer making 500 a week. (this was an actual trainer who had been driving for over 30 years, not a 1 year pro, or another student)

3) grin and bear .37cpm student pay for a year.

4) at 1 year get my raise as a seasoned driver to .44 cpm

5) save money and buy a truck (my current location)

6) profit, or starve, lol

Wookie Dude and RackEmUp Thank this.
  11. RackEmUp

Apr 17, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Yep. I went to Central Tech truck driving school before hiring on at Crete. Although tuition has gone up. My class was only 4.5 weeks but $3500. It was a fantastic school, and I would recommend them to anyone! I have heard that some schools are upwards of $6k, and they have student to truck ratios of like 8:1. At Central Tech, 2:1! Another good thing about Crete that you mentioned...my trainer has been driving for over 12 years. Military vets can start a little higher on the cpm, but I thought it was only 1cpm raise per year. I do know you go up at 6 mos and then at your yearly hiring anniversaries.
    Good luck with steps 5 and 6! Think I'll stick to being a company driver for awhile.

GeekFink Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.