Training in Dallas

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Sapper Daddy87, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Sapper Daddy87

Sapper Daddy87 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I am headed to Dallas Sunday evening for the school that starts Monday. This is after Prime, Inc. bussed me to Springfield only to send me packing (on my own dime) back home because they refused to hire an Iraq veteran without the medical records that are unobtainable.

I am going with my roommate at Prime (we live about 10 miles from each other) and am looking to see if anyone can provide TRUE and POSITIVE information and advice about the school in Dallas, orientation in OKC, 28 days training, and the subsequent 8 month indentured servitude.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cincy dude

cincy dude Bobtail Member

May 30, 2010
    kool man! im heading to cedar rapids iowa on saturday the 27th to start my schooling and orentation,so good luck man and maybe ill see you around.

Sapper Daddy87 Thanks this.
  4. Sapper Daddy87

Feb 18, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Rode in on the bus to Dallas today. The hotel (Microtel in Mesquite) is a serious let down to put it lightly. Got put in a room and was told I am not allowed to smoke in the room. I walk into the room and see ashtrays everywhere.

I will continue to post daily about my experiences.

I would recommend people shop at the Wal-Mart across the way. This is a very cheap way to support yourself. I spent $50 for both myself and my co-driver.

5. Sapper Daddy87

Feb 18, 2011
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Shuttle ride leaves at 0630 to the training facility. Class started at 0700. We went through the standard contracts, paperwork, forms, etc. The shuttle took us to see the doctor for the pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical. The physical took about 5 hours for everyone to get done. After that we all ate lunch and went back to the training facility. We watched a brief pre-trip inspection video and went over pre-trip procedures.

Ended the day at the hotel shortly before 1800.

6. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I sincerly hope this works out for you. I read your post about Prime and I guess you have figured this out already but when someone comes up to you and says Veteran I appearciate your service it is nothing more than a meaningless stylish cliche. The civilian who has never served in Combat is unqualified to appearciate your service.

Just a heads up to you if you haven't figured this out. If it is a Company and has to do with trucks, they are a bunch of Dirty Buggers. Not knocking CRST, it is just the way it is in this buisness. Best of luck to you

7. 504wayne

504wayne Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    houston
    to the guy that service over seas thanks very much... i am going to cedar rapids... anybody have any info about the area

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.